IGNORED

Vintage Dirt Bike Lovers....

KIC

Thought I would pass this on from my friend Skip. He has a collection of old dirt bikes from the 60's, 70's and maybe early 80's. I have always been impressed with his bikes since after a complete restoration, he will still ride them.

Anyways, he has an old Penton he restored and had an opportunity to meet John Penton and they used his bike in the video trailer below:

He sent the info and link below:

-------------------

Hey all you vintage dirt bike lovers, here's your chance to make a great project come true. Below is a link to a movie trailer telling the story of PENTON and how John Penton changed the dirt bike scene in America. They are in the funding stage currently and hoping to generate enough interest to get this movie produced. Pass along the link to any fans of that era and maybe soon we'll all get to enjoy this movie on the big screen.

Any support or help to see this through would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...le-lovett-rela

These are a great bunch that could use some help and the bike in the trailer at the end isn't all that bad either.

Thanks Skip

Brings back memories. I had two friends back in the days that rode Pentons when we all motocrossed. Great bikes. The only weak point on one of my buddys 125 was the shifting mechanism built into the side case. I say weak, but the real problem was his full leg shifting! He had so much trouble with the side case breaking that it garnered him the nickname "Tranny Danny". That name would be taken totally out of context now. :rotfl::rotfl::D

I only rode 2 moto's and I waited until I was 35 to do them. Big mistake - should have done them when I was a lot younger.

Did a LOT of dirt riding but it was in Ohio strip pits in NE Ohio. Never had a Penton but did have a Kaw, a Bultaco and several Maico's. Ran the one and only moto on a 450 Maico in the open class, finished in the middle in both moto's but beat the crap outta myself :bang head:

The next weekend I was back in the strip pits vowing to never run another moto