IGNORED

Sierra Bike MP3

Bones158

• 2 months later...

I have seen some kind of a unit that plugs into the c-bus connector for the CD player that allows you to connect you i-thingys. But a MP3 player unless you want to just plug into the aux input by cassette player the mentioned unit is your only option, to have control of tracks etc at finger tip. The other option is to get whatever the "new" unit is that Yamaha put on the 2013 Venture. But there again its I-pod.

Would this work on our Venture system?

http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BMP-HGW-IPD-V03

I actually have the VentureMP3 installed on my Trike (came with bike).

It works very well & operates just like the OEM CD Player, but with a lot more song capacity.

By-the-way... Anyone have an electronic copy of the manual they could share with me?

JohnB

isimple and IPOD came with my bike, actually I had to address it with the dealer who did not know, anyways I installed it and it worked flawlessly until Apple did a firmware upgrade. Now it will just stop on some songs, usually the best of the 70's types of albums. I spent enough time and now I use my iphone plugged into the cassette player. I have seen other isimple users have the same problems, Im sure I could work it out but I like using my gps on my phone and listening to songs at the same time.

yep, wife and I both have iphones and same thing. They work fine as long as it is ripped from the original artists cd, but do not like the best of . . . I would play it and when it came to a song that froze, delete and play until you repeat. I am sure it's anti piracy thing but a huge pita.

but if its a "legit" best of..... alblum from say RCA or whomever it should be the same as the orginal alblum. That is strange. I need to redo my MP3's I have. Some play loud, some you can baerly hear and some play and all of a sudden quit and go to next song. I read somewhere what I needed to do, but it involved completly re-recoding everything. A task I have not felt like doing.