IGNORED

Clutch hydrolic leak

So... a week ago I went to ride the 89 and by the time I had rolled backwards out of the garage and was ready to leave... bummer.. no clutch. Then saw the puddle by where the kickstand was.

Ordered the parts for the clutch slave cylinder. Rebuild it Friday night. Saturday morning... fluid puddle. Guess it is the short hose from the long tubing to the clutch slave cylinder.

The problem... i can not locate the part number, or find it on Boats.net/(aka) Powersports. Their microfiche show it a a ghost part under clutch, but I can't find the part to order. I looked in my manual (copy attached) and found the part, but again no description.

Any help out there on where to order this hose ?

Also, would a hose off of an 84 MKI be the same one as a 89 MKII ?

Found this on the Yamaha fiche..

26H-26473-00-00 HOSE, clutch 2 Not Available
http://www.starmotorcycles.com/partviewer/default.aspx?ls=star#/Yamaha/XVZ12DWC_-_1989/FRONT_MASTER_CYLINDER_2/XVZ12DWC_%281989_MOTORCYCLE%29/FRONT_MASTER_CYLINDER_2_%28XVZ12DWC_-_1989%29

You might need to get a hold of Rick Butler and get his new hose kit for the whole bike. Well worth the money.

Rick F.

First of all guys, I want to THANK YOU for all the input and diagrams. But, it looks like I jumped the gun on the leak.

When I fixed the bike, it was on the center stand. After a test ride late Friday night after I re-installed the slave cylinder and parked it on the side stand. Saturday I saw a leak on the floor and thought it was still leaking. I checked the level Sunday and everything was alright and I took it for a 30 mile ride through town. After parking it Sunday night, I placed a white clean paper towel under it. No drips on Monday morning. Rode it 30+ miles today and just checked, no leaks or drips.

I think it was all the residual oil from the side cover removal and some clutch fluid from disconnecting the line that dripped once it was on the side stand. It is clean and drip-less now! :happy65::cool10:

Sure,,,,,, thanks for getting us all worried,,,, glad you got it fixed.

Sorry about the loss of sleep and the stress associated with my problem. :shock3: I will try to be more accurate in the future, and less over reactive with my fluid losses.. :rotf: