IGNORED

Trike kit For Sale?

First_N_Last

Hi;

Does anyone have a Trike Kit for a RSV which they want to sell?

Trying to find a deal to replace the Voyager kit on mine. I'm just not happy with it's lean on curves or sometime wobble.

Anyone buy a kit & just not wanted to install it? Got it for sale or know someone who does?

Let me know please. Thanks...

John R. Bauer

Currently you only have 2 choices for a trike conversion for the RSV's. Those being Hannigan and Triwing. Triwing will sell you just the kit and let you save by doing the install yourself. Hannigan is a strictly dealer installed option.

:080402gudl_prv:

Larry

I had a local dealer quote a Hannigan on my 2007 RSV - tax, tilte, del, paint and any other extras that could be added on came to about $14,000

I opted for a Champion kit on a 2007 Honda GL1800 with 2300 miles for $21,000, already done

of course. I had to put a CB on it as well as EZ steer but that was only $1100.

So now I have a 2007 GL1800 w/fuel injection, navigation, heated seats, heated grips, air bag etc etc

BUT I sure miss the cassette player :doh:

Well then... I guess Hannigan is it.

I expect to find no uninstalled kits.

I removed my Voyager kit. Before removing it, I had two brackets made to bolt it to the frame, but the stress sheared the two front frame cover bolts. When the brackets were on it wasn't bad, but of course you would have side jaring on certain bumps.

My choices are $14000 or buy one already converted.

Argh!

Thanks to all who commented.

JohnB

Which is what I'm going to be doing but still it's an expensive project.

I'm not getting any younger and still want to ride so keeping it on 3 wheels allow me that freedom.

Larry

You still have a good shot at another 30 years as long as you stay away from the student drivers .

Well then... I guess Hannigan is it.

I expect to find no uninstalled kits.

I removed my Voyager kit. Before removing it, I had two brackets made to bolt it to the frame, but the stress sheared the two front frame cover bolts. When the brackets were on it wasn't bad, but of course you would have side jaring on certain bumps.

My choices are $14000 or buy one already converted.

Argh!

Thanks to all who commented.

JohnB

already done will cost way more than 14K

"You still have a good shot at another 30 years as long as you stay away from the student drivers ."

In 30 years I'll be lucky enough to be able to throw a leg over the saddle. Tough enough now at times ya know. But just the same hope to get another 20 years for sure.

First n Last Don't know if this is still available http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2000-Motor-Trike-Royal-Star-Venture-104348908 but you could possibly save some $$$ by purchasing it and selling the bike you now have. Only problem is getting an older machine than you now have. :080402gudl_prv: with whatever desision you choose

Larry

not necessarily so - I saved 5K to 7K by buying mine already done, takes a little time and patience

True, but its much easier to find a used Wing than to find a used Rsv. Great deals on a hannigan Rsv don't come up often . All depends how long you want to wait . We looked for over a year before finding a trike we could afford , then I had to pursue it aggressively in order to make the deal .

It's a TriWing - solid axle - Ford rear end - drum brakes - dual air shocks - in-line drive shaft

http://www.triwing.com

Yep that's what it is alright. There's a few members here who either currently have a Tri-Wing conversion or have had one. I'm in that last group. They are a solid trike and much better IMHO than the 4 wheel types out there. I put over 35 k on the one I owned over a 4 1/2 - 5 year streach.

Larry

Yep Jonesy putting those two pics side by side shows the differences a lot more than a casual glance. Your body also comes down further in front of the wheel thus covering more of the framework. Your body style was the same as mine was. Looking at TriWings home page they show two body styles. A DX Crusier and a DX Sportster I believe the bike being shown here by Bob to be the Cruiser style while we have/had the Sporster version. Make sense? :confused24:

Larry