IGNORED

What Color?

HotRodYJ

Getting ready to paint my 83 Venture. I have all of the fairings and side covers ready to shoot, and finishing work on the luggage and fenders and then I'll be ready for paint when I get a warm enough day to do it. I want a color that will be a bit more modern and I've settled on either 2008 GM Atomic Orange, or House of Kolor Sunset Pearl. What do you guys think?

Getting ready to paint my 83 Venture. I have all of the fairings and side covers ready to shoot, and finishing work on the luggage and fenders and then I'll be ready for paint when I get a warm enough day to do it. I want a color that will be a bit more modern and I've settled on either 2008 GM Atomic Orange, or House of Kolor Sunset Pearl. What do you guys think?

Ehhh,,,,not my type of color- to much of an 1st Gen color. Why not go somewhere East like candy apple red against cream white ? Bet it would be the only 1st.gen around and would really stick out.

Boy am I happy we all have different tastes. Would not be fun if we all wore purple flannel trousers.

Ride safe.

Jonas

Sorry Boss.

Forgot to ask Eileen to check your wardrobe before I posted this.

I actually can imagine that you would look cute in purple flannel trousers :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I knew it, I have only been a member 3 days and I already sense something parculiar here hahah..

I like the pearl too, any paint that changes mood in the sunshine gets my vote - maybe cause it reminds me that I am that way.. :080402gudl_prv:

I am for any kind of GREEN...... but between the 2 colors that you have for pictures I like the 2008 GM Atomic Orange. When I painted my bike I was looking for the camaro synergy green. Then I saw a bike painted that color although it was a beautiful color it wasnt exactly the color I was looking for....so my painter and I got together and came up with the color on my bike. It is called Irish green... but my painter painted the whole bike gold with some sliver and black stripes and then candyed all of it green.. I know there isn't alot of people that like green but its mine and I love it!!!!!!!!!!! So go with what color you want as long as you love it that is what matters.

:cool10:

Great ideas guys, thanks for the input. Actually both of the colors above are pearl colors and they both pop really nice in the sun. I really like the candy apple and cream idea as well. In my looking around I did come across a blue that I like fairly well also, AND I just so happen to have some of this color paint already on hand "Ultra Blue Pearl".

Who knows where I'll end up.

• 3 weeks later...

How do you get away with painting outdoors?? Don't you get a lot of dust particles, bugs, whatnot on the paint?

Geeesh, I used to have a body/paint shop and even with an enclosed paint booth it was tricky sometimes to do a job without some frikken something finding it's way onto the paint somewhere. Sometimes nothing more than a little piece of fluff that fell off my body that I failed to blow off.

Done a few small jobs in the open air and every time some danged little no-seeum or three found their way onto the wet paint.

Guess I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to paint jobs LOL

Lookin good from what I see in the pics tho... (color wise that is)

I live a very Blessed life!

I'm no professional painter by far and my wife gets mad at me when I paint in the garage since it's under the house. Yes I always get a nat or two in it but a little wet sand and buff and even a couple of bugs become almost unnoticeable. This turned out fairly well, only one nat in the whole thing. I mat not bother with sanding it. Honestly if I catch outdoor conditions just right, it turns out about the same as painting inside the garage. I don't have a paint booth so I do what I can to keep my costs low.