IGNORED

2007 Midnight Venture com system & cassette upgrade

jtwilburt

New owner of a 2007 midnight venture and have a couple questions

1. What can I do about the wired com system. Can't seem to find any info online ... are the headsets universal? Are they yamaha only? Where is the best place to get info, shop etc. The bike only came with the wires ... no headsets

2. Is there any way to remove the cassette deck and upgrade to CD? Or just pull the cassette deck and create an empty pocket for the droid and or MP3 player? And who's idea was it to put a cassette deck in a 2007? Seems a little past time to me. I dunno

Thanks for the help.

1. What can I do about the wired com system. Can't seem to find any info online ... are the headsets universal? Are they yamaha only? Where is the best place to get info, shop etc. The bike only came with the wires ... no headsets

2. Is there any way to remove the cassette deck and upgrade to CD? Or just pull the cassette deck and create an empty pocket for the droid and or MP3 player? And who's idea was it to put a cassette deck in a 2007? Seems a little past time to me. I dunno

Thanks for the help.

Just plug a MP3 player in the Aux jack next to the cassette and you are good to go. I hard wired a XM receiver into my receiver so that is what I listen to. Don't really think too much about the cassette player.

Thanks for the help.

1. IMC and J&M make headsets that will work with the Venture systems. These have the same plugs as those for the GoldWings. The J&M are better quality but the IMC are much less expensive and thinner to better fit in a helmet. Do a search on those names in the forum and you will get plenty of opinions on them. I have both J&M and IMC headsets and find no difference in sound quality but then my hearing isn't what it used to be.

2. There was a CD player available as an option on the Ventures. It required a cable to reach to the trunk. As Mariner Fan pointed out, just plug an MP3 player into the auxiliary jack next to the cassette player and use that. Much better than the CD player, which also robs room from the trunk. Why a cassette player? Tradition? They bought too many originally? Some technician loves tape? Who knows? Again, a search on the forum will show several write-ups from members who removed the cassette player and used the space for something else. You can remove the player without losing the Aux. jack, by the way.

Welcome to the Fun House and enjoy the bike!

Andy

Thanks for the help.

Actually nearly all Yamaha Venture buyer insist on a cassette player, especially when buying the bike new. :crackup: