IGNORED

AZ riding?

star4772

sticker patch is hot in summer nice in spring winter and fall tombstone i know can get cold during the winter that much i know i think you will love it if you move there plenty of riding time to see the sites :322:

Thanks for info. I was looking at avg temps in Az and it looked like pretty much riding all year. Just kind of kicking things around.

Joe

Guest tx2sturgis

Southern Arizona (which is different from Northern Arizona) can be brutally hot in the summer...to the point where you wont want to be riding during the midday sun. Temps can be around 110-115 in places. Riding on the highway will feel like a blast furnace.

But Southern Arizona offers some good riding most of the year:

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

Um...the chicken dance is optional.

Now, you cant assume January riding in the mountains in Southern Arizona is gonna be ice-free, like this guy did. I'm sure glad he wasnt on a curve when this happened:

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by tx2sturgis

We do ride pretty much year round. In fact my wife was not happy that we couldn't ride to the U of A game ( Beat the crap out of Colorado) today because when I backed the 89 out of the garage, there was very little to no clutch. ( just finished removing the slave cylinder tonight).

Anyway, there is a lot to see out here in the southern end. Bisbee, Tombstone, Kitt Peak Observatory, Saguaro National Forest, Old Tucson, Desert Museum, Tubac, Mt Lemmon (depending on time of year) The wineries in Sonoita and I'm sure I have forgotten a few others.

In the northern end, Sedona is a must, then you can shoot over to Jerome and Cottonwood has a few wineries, Williams is a cool little town west of Flagstaff ( part of Route 66). We have the Grand Canyon ( stay in Williams and take the Grand Canyon railway to the canyon :happy65:)

Depends on time of year as to the best parts to ride. If you end up this way, give me a call, I am in Tucson, if you are down here you can have a place to stay.

We do ride pretty much year round. In fact my wife was not happy that we couldn't ride to the U of A game ( Beat the crap out of Colorado) today because when I backed the 89 out of the garage, there was very little to no clutch. ( just finished removing the slave cylinder tonight).

Anyway, there is a lot to see out here in the southern end. Bisbee, Tombstone, Kitt Peak Observatory, Saguaro National Forest, Old Tucson, Desert Museum, Tubac, Mt Lemmon (depending on time of year) The wineries in Sonoita and I'm sure I have forgotten a few others.

In the northern end, Sedona is a must, then you can shoot over to Jerome and Cottonwood has a few wineries, Williams is a cool little town west of Flagstaff ( part of Route 66). We have the Grand Canyon ( stay in Williams and take the Grand Canyon railway to the canyon :happy65:)

Depends on time of year as to the best parts to ride. If you end up this way, give me a call, I am in Tucson, if you are down here you can have a place to stay.

Hey thanks much for the invite. I will be down that way for sure in the spring or possibly sooner. Plan on setting up camp some where between bensen,tombstone and sierra vista.

What a bummer about the clutch hope you get it fixed soon.

Thanks for all the info.

Joe

Edited by star4772