IGNORED

Cooling fan relay

Don't kill yourself looking for it. I have looked in the service manual and it looks like there is one but I can't find any mention of it in the service manual. I would be real surprised if the fan temperature switch is all that controls it without one. I am working on adding an oil cooler and would like to use the radiator fan to also cool the oil when or if needed. I have tried to chase the fan leads back but I can only go back so far.

Thanks for looking though.....

Paul

i never found one but by looking at the schematic the thermal switch runs by the 10 fuse now i have to figer out how to get the cover back on over the fuel pump and over flow bottle i cant get it to go on right i think a coil wire is stopping it ill figure it out later today :detective:

• 9 months later...

Looking at the wiring diagram that Dingy posted, I note that there is a filter on the power to the cooling fan motor. Does anyone know where this is physically located on an RSTD? :confused07:

I suddenly have interference from the fan in a J&M CB.....

Many thanks....

Looking at the wiring diagram that Dingy posted, I note that there is a filter on the power to the cooling fan motor. Does anyone know where this is physically located on an RSTD? :confused07:

I suddenly have interference from the fan in a J&M CB.....

Many thanks....

This is located very near the fan. The leads from the fan motor go to a sub harness that is about 8" long. This sub harness contains the choke for the fan.

See attached PDF cut from RSV service manual. Items 8 & 9.

Gary

Thanks Dingy! Will slide under there tomorrow and see if I have a loose connection that is causing the sudden interference....

Steve

Attached are a couple of pictures I have from ebay.

One with yellow stick pointing to it is broke up. Other picture partially shows choke at bottom of fan.

I think it will be along the left front frame rail, just behind radiator, but this is a guess, judging from pictures of my in progress RSV Hybrid wiring harness.

Gary

Edited by dingy