IGNORED

New clutch tool arrived today

dingy

I got a neat clutch tool from ebay today. It locks inner and outer clutch hub/basket together when working on motor. Nice heavy tool made by EBC.

Ebay sellers name is worldwide_motorcycle_equipment.

Current auction at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=310498062254

Few pictures attached.

I destroyed a crankshaft last winter when removing flywheel, wouldn't have happened if I had this. About $32 with shipping. I got it in 4 days priority mail.

Gary

OK I'll bite.

How did you destroy a crankshaft trying to get the flywheel off by not having this tool?:confused24:

Was taking flywheel off, I had a bar holding clutch and it slipped off, crank rotated and cam chain caught on something & snapped one of the teeth of cam sprocket on crank.

I took the motor apart in odd sequence, I was only going to do some head work, then decided to have machine work done to block.

I had another crank, but got all new bearings for it. About $150. Bearings are specific to each block/rod/balancer/crank combination.

Not doing that again.

Gary

• 1 month later...

Info on the tool lists the vmax clutch, does it work on the venture as well? I'm not familiar with the vmax clutch so maybe someone could confirm the baskets are the same. I bought sky docs clutch kit and dicks I basket, now to get a tool that works. Thanks charlie

Info on the tool lists the vmax clutch, does it work on the venture as well? I'm not familiar with the vmax clutch so maybe someone could confirm the baskets are the same. I bought sky docs clutch kit and dicks I basket, now to get a tool that works. Thanks charlie

It will fit a VMax 1st gen as well. (85-07)

Gary