IGNORED

A Simple Solution to prevent frustration....

So, you've removed the running lights to make repairs under the fairing and the 2 spacers between the bike's bracket and the lights mounting bar fell out. And then, you're fustrated trying to get them back in place when re-installing the lights. Not easy, huh? But, here's the million dollar's worth solution to simplify the process:

First coat one side of the spacers with excessive amounts of "Silicon Ruber Sealant". Next, run the bolts through the spacers and just slightly attach the bolts to the bike's bracket. Then press lightly on the spacers to make total contact. Leave it alone now until the next day. Now, as the bolts are removed, the spacers stay in place and the lights can easily be put back in place. That's it! All ready to ride again! Owen.

I have done that trick, and the super glue and epoxy. All of which work to some extent. Not on this particular item but on simular stuff you just cant get a washer etc on. The right way would be tack weld it I supose.

Or you can do as I did by replacing the bolts with studs and nuts. This way you can hang everything onto the studs and then put on the nuts without having to hold everything in place to start a bolt that has to be started at an odd angle. I've been using this setup for about 3 years now and to me it works great.

Or you can do as I did by replacing the bolts with studs and nuts. This way you can hang everything onto the studs and then put on the nuts without having to hold everything in place to start a bolt that has to be started at an odd angle. I've been using this setup for about 3 years now and to me it works great.

:confused07: Well Darn why didn't I think if that, I been using yellow 3-M to stick the spacers to the back of the bracket. It is WAY more immediate than silicone. :)

The only "problem"(which really isn't a problem) I've had with this setup is, you still can't get an box end wrench or a socket in there. I use an open end wrench to snug the nuts down. Haven't tried a crow foot wrench yet. It might just be the ticket. So far, the open end wrench has worked well without coming loose in the last 3 years.

Or you can do what I did and buy a spacer that someone here makes and sells... Now I can split my fairing without messing with the light bar... Some ppl complained about them messing up those plastic deflectors but I took those off as one of mine was missing the rubber bumper and scratching my midnight fork covers... I think they just clutter up the front end and I've been taking unnecessary stuff off...