IGNORED

83 VR carb question

I have been having trouble getting the idle mixture set on my 83VR. I have the airbox off now and noticed there is fuel dripping from the slide needle on 3 of them when the engine is running. Thought to myself that the float level was too high so I put a clear tube on the drain to check. Supprising all of them are right on, 14mm below the carb centerline. The carbs were cleaned last winter and all gaskets were replaced even the jet block plugs. Before I remove them and take them apart I just wanted some input on what might be causing this.

Its not really a mist of fuel more like a constant drip. There is enough fuel dripping I can close the idle mixture screw without much noticable change. My colortune plug still shows I'm burning fuel.

Am I correct on the fuel level? 12mm below carb centerline.

My point was that if it isn't a mist the fuel and air aren't mixing in the emulsion tube. Either it's submerged in fuel or the air isn't getting to it.

I do not remember the measurement of the fuel level and my book is at the shop. But I do remember roughly where it is on the diaphragm covers. The covers have a slight protrusion the screws go through. That protrusion blends into the circle that is the main body of the cover. Right where the transition starts is where the fuel level ends up.

Actually, here is a pic I stole from Harmonicashaun. Looking at it I think the level is just a bit below the point I told you. Kind of at the midpoint of the blend. I put a red line marking the level.

You could also compare the level for the one that isn't dripping with your other levels. Remember, any air in your gauge set up will mess up the reading.