IGNORED

Button ,Button who has a button?

OK we're riding along last week {Monday-Tuesday} going to Lincoln Caverns in Pa. listening to the radio. I reach up with my thumb to hit the seek button on the radio remote on the left handlebar. It changes channel but when I go to release the button it pops out at me. Luckily my finger is still there to stop it from its jumping to oblivion at 55. I manage to grab it and hand it over to the wife. Upon inspection of the button it seems to have a broken spear { for want of a better word} which renders it unusable. Does anyone have a spare one lying around with a few missing buttons that would be willing to sell me a button out of it? :mo money::D

If you cant find another replacement knob, here is an idea or two..

You could use the tip of a hot soldering iron and carefully "melt" the plastic making a new tab on the old knob?

Or...

Im sure you can find an old piece of plastic laying on the side of the highway from a car accident, which they are most always ABS plastic... and then use the heated soldering iron tip to melt a little tab onto the old knob?

mraf,

If you haven't found a button yet send me your mailing address in a PM and I can send one to you. My unit was rendered useless so I removed the whole thing but the buttons are good. I won't charge you anything, just pay it forward when you get a chance.

• 2 years later...
mraf,

If you haven't found a button yet send me your mailing address in a PM and I can send one to you. My unit was rendered useless so I removed the whole thing but the buttons are good. I won't charge you anything, just pay it forward when you get a chance.

It's only been a little over two years... would you happen to have another? My seek button is lost as well :(

$ button unit? Got a picture? I got a set of two switches, black with gray buttons, 2 momentary (your "seek") and 2 on/off, one type in each housing. I also have a switch from an '85, a panel looking thing....I don't ride the '85 (parts bike) but I have the panel type multi-switch off it.

Edited by dna9656