I have a MKI with cruise but was wondering if it would be possible to get the cruise from a MKII moved over to the MKI I know I'd need to get the handlebar controls.. And I'm thinking there is a controller of some sort buried somewhere.. It would be nice to have the resume / bump up and bump down features...

I have a MKI with cruise but was wondering if it would be possible to get the cruise from a MKII moved over to the MKI I know I'd need to get the handlebar controls.. And I'm thinking there is a controller of some sort buried somewhere.. It would be nice to have the resume / bump up and bump down features...

Wayne,

I will check spare parts tonight. I may have what you need. I will get you hooked up. Don't know if I have a pushbutton unit on handlebar. You will also need a light pod that goes over key switch, and its short interconnect cable. May have one of these, but not sure how good it is.

I think pump has some different connections and is internally a little different. Wiring harness may need another wire or two. I have extra offficial cable connectors. I think I have an MKII controller also.

Gary

Yah! The wiring harness is a little different for the MK2 and the vacuum mounts a little different on the fairin g frame but it is doable. I think the controller module is different as well, but it shouldn't be that much of an issue. I started to convert Goldie at one time but never finished it...

I have most of what you need.

Do you have the standard dash or the on with buttons at bottom with gear indicator? I have a couple of 'Royale' iinstrument clusters. Would be a good time to get that if you don't have it in. It would require the wiring harness.

Pod over ignition switch & short cable to harness.

Right hand control, buttons are faded

vacuum pump

control box

Wiring harness from an 86, you don't have to have this since you already have cruise though.

Your vacuum actuator will work OK.

Gary

I have most of what you need.

Do you have the standard dash or the on with buttons at bottom with gear indicator? I have a couple of 'Royale' iinstrument clusters. Would be a good time to get that if you don't have it in. It would require the wiring harness.

Pod over ignition switch & short cable to harness.

Right hand control, buttons are faded

vacuum pump

control box

Wiring harness from an 86, you don't have to have this since you already have cruise though.

Your vacuum actuator will work OK.

Gary

Gary:

Not sure what you mean by the buttons.. I have the standard dash that came with my Royale. I know the MKII has a light cluster where the key is. Mine doesn't have that but it does have a light for the cruise etc..

Gary:

Not sure what you mean by the buttons.. I have the standard dash that came with my Royale. I know the MKII has a light cluster where the key is. Mine doesn't have that but it does have a light for the cruise etc..

Do you have an indicator on cluster that shows what gear you are in? If so you have the better dash. The wiring harness is quite different with the better dash.

Not sure what years had just the plain dash, may have just been 1983.

Gary

Gary:

Yes I have the gear indicator.. so I guess I have the "better" dash.. Yippee!! So what you are saying is that you have most of what I need... to make the switch..

Wayne

Have most of it.

Since you have better dash, benifits of changing wiring harness are a toss up.

But there are a number of new wires for cruise. But they should all be short runs in headlight bucket.

Gary

Yes, '83 was the only "different" dash, but the '84 and '85 hasd the cruise light on the tach as opposed to the MK2 having the handlebar cruise lights. The Vacuum unit is the same, just mounts different on the MK2 fairing frame.

Just out of curiosity Wayne, why are you switching?? Myself I just wanted the cool lights on the handlebars...

I was hoping it would not be a totally difficult job. My cruise works fine but it has no resume. So when I go through a town or for any reason have to disengage then I have to find my comfort zone again and re-engage.. Also I cannot fine tune a desired speed by bumping up or down.. It is either on or off.. I'd like the resume and bump up/down feature in the MKII but not if it's going to mean changing the whole harness..