IGNORED

1996 honda shadow 1100?

oldgoat

got offerd a 1996 honda shadow asking price was $3200 offerd to me for $2850. new battery, tires put on this season with 1500 miles on them. bike has almost 38000 miles nice white color.runs good but i could not take it for a test ride. left leg just not bending enough right now. im thinking of pulling the trigger on this bike. and it,s local so i have seen it in town. what,s all of your opion on this type of bike? and i need to store it. cost of storage place i found is $45 a month.

I had a '95 Shadow Ace years ago. It was a great bike. Very reliable with no real know issues. The ONLY issue any of us had was a problem with the battery. Due to the space available, the battery was not rectangular but was narrower on one end. Apparently this caused the battery to overheat and leak acid. This leaking acid would run down and caused some corrosion problems. The only thing I would recommend is that you pull the battery cover and look for corrosion on the frame in that area. If I remember correctly, and Honda and Yuasa blaming each other for the problem, they finally came up with an updated battery that resolved the issue but Honda did a quite a few frame repairs due to that issue.

Now I never personally had the problem on my '95. It was a great bike and fun to ride.

Would have to do some looking around to see if $ is good deal, this time of year prices should be on the low side due to end of riding season for most folks (here in the south we ride year around). I had a 750 Shadow, great bike, kept it for a while after getting my VTX and my son would ride it on trips then he moved out of state and I got tired of maintaining two bikes. The RSV was added a year or so later so I'm back to two bikes for now.

I looked at an 1100 Shadow at one point, nice looking bike, water cooled shaft drive 5 speed if I recall. Good mid size bike, handles well. If maintained Hondas are very reliable bikes.

Edited by meach

i have a 94 1100 its a 4 speed, very light i love riding this bike on the twistiest roads i can find cause its so easy to toss. i get 40 mpg but really love to twist the throttle hard on this one. not a very good bike for riding 2-up the passenger pad is very small (its my no fat chicks bike) super reliable and easy to maintain as well. i bought mine 6 yrs ago with 20000 miles for 3k i would say the money you are being asked is a little steep maybe 2200?

this is the honda im talking about. thanks everyone. i have not snaped at it. as i realy like the looks of a vstar but have not found one in the same price range as this shadow. i have till tuesday to see if i want this shadow. then it goes in to his storage unit. and price will go back up in the spring?http://lasalle.craigslist.org/mcy/3294366068.html

Oldgoat,

I just happen to have.....

• An electronic copy of the owners shop manual for that bike
  • An electronic copy of the the common service manual for that bike...AND
  • I have a two part PDF file of every part on that bike.

I also think I have a trouble shooting word file for that bike somewhere.. I need to look for that though..

I will email each of them to you upon your request.... or to anyone else who my want a copy.

Eck

got offerd a 1996 honda shadow asking price was $3200 offerd to me for $2850. new battery, tires put on this season with 1500 miles on them. bike has almost 38000 miles nice white color.runs good but i could not take it for a test ride. left leg just not bending enough right now. im thinking of pulling the trigger on this bike. and it,s local so i have seen it in town. what,s all of your opion on this type of bike? and i need to store it. cost of storage place i found is $45 a month.

James, That is to much money for a 1996 it is worth around $2000. Don't get in such big hurry and look around. You can find a really nice cruiser in the 2000 to 2004 range for under three grand. A friend just bought a 2002 1100 Shadow with 6700 miles for $2500. I will keep my eyes open. Also check out cycletrader.com

Here is a 96 for $2000 http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/1996-HONDA-SHADOW-1100-105009606

Hers is a 750 which for what you are wanting it for is enough bike. It is also a gret buy and if you talk to mike he may be able to get you a better price since he is friends with them. http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/1996-Honda-VT750-MAGNA-106493010

Edited by Rick Haywood

Pioneer has an 87 blonde with barely 50,000 for 2,500.00. I can guarantee you , you can get this bike for around 2,200.00 or less if you talk to chad.....previous owner took very good care of it.It has new sneekers on it also....you can see this bike on their website www.pioneermotorsport.com in their used bike section.... I was very close to buying this myself ...(for a plant holder):rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

James,

We have a 2000 Honda Shadow 750 ACE sitting in a storage unit. This was the wife's bike until she got her Road Star.

It has 13,880 miles on it. New battery, new tires (less than 500 miles), Memphis Shades windshield, Mustang seat with backrest, Mac Fat Stakker pipes, chrome rear fender rack, National Cycle Paladin engine guards. Fresh oil and antifreeze. K&N air filter and carbs at Stage 3.

Pics attached. Let me know if you might be interested.

photo (10).JPG

Edited by Leadwolf56
added pics

yep done looking i just cant turn down that offer:cool10:

nice work from 2 great guys on this site.

i get a nice looking running bike his wife gets some cash for maybe more bling for her bike. after all it,s her money and bike :rotf:

once again thanks mike and kevin.

yep done looking i just cant turn down that offer:cool10:

nice work from 2 great guys on this site.

i get a nice looking running bike his wife gets some cash for maybe more bling for her bike. after all it,s her money and bike :rotf:

once again thanks mike and kevin.

rootbeers!!!:cool10:

yep but kevin said the ones with ice cream. cant forget the ice cream LOL

True, it is her bike but I'll get some kind of commission....lololol

Yep, can't forget the ice cream!