IGNORED

Keeping deer away from traffic

XV1100SE

I'll let someone else test this system.

Color me skeptical simply because deer are best known for their complete unpredictability when alarmed.

They are just as likely to run straight across the road in front of you as they are to stand stock-still, or run in the other direction.

I'll let someone else test this system.

Color me skeptical simply because deer are best known for their complete unpredictability when alarmed.

They are just as likely to run straight across the road in front of you as they are to stand stock-still, or run in the other direction.

:sign yeah that: :sign yeah that: :sign yeah that: :sign yeah that: :sign yeah that:

Deer are also very adaptable. They will quickly get acclimated to that sound and look and simply ignore it as being "normal". After all they did get used to the cars whizzing by. When I am way back on the logging roads where the deer very rarely ever see a vehicle they ALWAYS run away from this giant loud thing that is coming down the trail. It may work for a time while it is still new, but it will quickly lose its effectiveness.

One of the better things that I have seen is to plant the sides of the roads with things the deer do not like to eat. This has them spending less time alongside of the roadway.

Long term the best way to keep deer off roads is to get them into my frying pan.:fatsmiley:

I have spent over 30 years hunting, filming and studying deer, the only thing I have learned to always expect for sure, is that they will do something that you would never have expected them to do.