IGNORED

1987 Venture Royal known issues

Hi new to your site and am looking for some information from the experts here. I am going to look at a 1987 Venture Royal on Sunday and hoped that someone would be kind enough to tell me what some of the known issues or problems are related to that model. Any help is appreciated........

Edited by Hawg

Hey another guy from Reading Pa!! Welcome, I had an 87 for a few years it was a great bike. Only issue I had was the slow starter especially when hot, it always started tho and can be fixed with battery and cable upgrade. My bike was in excellent shape and well maintained so I never experienced the problems from neglect. Skydoc is a Pa member and a wizz on first gens he can help with any problems you have. I am in Shillington, where is the bike you are looking at?

Craig

Basically no known issues but keep in mind it is a 25 year old bike and will need periodic preventative maintenance as well as normal age problems such as weak front shock springs, crudded up carbs and fuel tank, etc. With proper maintenance you should be able to take it well over 100000 miles and have no fear of driving it coast to coast!

BTW a 1987 is a first generation Mark II. Second gen Ventures are the 1999 - present Ventures. No big deasl posting in the wrong forum though, we aren't anal about those things. You would have this more noticed in the 1st Gen forum though.

Welcome to the site! You will find this the most helpful and friendly bunch around!!!

Look here for some good writeups.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86

You only need to ask once on this forum, we'll find the question...

It is a known problem that the 1st genners are jealous of the second genners!!!! :rotf: Welcome.

That is because we have so much time to sit and ponder things while waiting for the 2nd geners to catch up.:rasberry: