IGNORED

Venture Defeats The Dragon

frankc

Hello Everyone!

Just got back from an amazing trip south. Road the Skyline and the Blueridge all the way down to Gatlinburgh and back. While I was down that far I decided to ride the Dragon. What ride,318 turns in 11 miles. I have to say the Venture did very well on the whole trip.

What an amazing bike! Not even a hit of trouble and handled great! Been wanting to do this for awhile now so I can scratch this off my bucket list!

We just got back today from a trip up that way also. We rode some amazing roads and never got the the Cherahola, Dragon (she wasnt really interested in it so I scratched that early) or BRP. Lost the rear brakes one day comming back from Andrews Nc because some dunce in a Land Rover couldnt drive !@$!@#% but thats in another post here. No troubles after that one day. Excellent weather all week but one day. We satayed in Franklin and made it the base for the week.

Excellent weather all week but one day. We satayed in Franklin and made it the base for the week.

Linda and I took a ride through that area last year and stayed in Franklin. We stayed at the Franklin Motel, one of those mom & pop type motels and parked in front of our door. It was very clean and the service was very good. We also ate at the Sunset Restaurant and it was very good. I would like to do that again as that is a nice place to use as a base.

RandyA

Was hoping to make up to the BRP this last week to catch some leaf color but didn't make it. At least got to take the RSV to a wedding up in N. GA mountains this weekend.

Here is a slideshow of a guy on the Dragon who didn't make it (just one of many) not often to have photographic documentation of an accident.

http://xtremesportsphotography.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=0QAK01AY080000&po=0&pc=28

(go thru slideshow and see what happens)