IGNORED

A Prayer for Paul (Pegasus1300)

We were going to see Paul for dinner on Tuesday night but he could make because he was ill and a little dizzy. The flu has been going around here and nobody thought much about it.

Last night his sweet wife took him into the hospital and they found a golf ball size, nonmalignant tumor in his stomach. Needless to say, they kept him for a little under the hood tune up work.

They schedule surgery for this afternoon. I stopped in to see him first thing this morning and the nurse was getting him ready to go to surgery, schedule changed. After a few minutes of chatting, I rode down the elevator with him to the surgical wing. He had reached his wife and she was on the way to be with him.

The faith and prayers of those here would be appreciated.

Dave (Utadventure)

I spent a couple of hours visiting Paul this evening.

He looked like he'd been through a ringer, which he had, but he was sitting back in a chair with all kinds of tubes going into him. He's on the ICU floor. He's very tired of the tubes, and has a pretty good sore throat from the tubes that went down there for the surgery. His pain management is doing it's job, so he's working on recovering; he's done 10 laps today around the floor! He is ready & willing to work at getting better & knows that if he works hard at it, it will happen faster.

It was really great that Dave was there the other morning when the surgery time was moved up several hours. Dave was able to help him get ready to go to surgery; good on you Dave!

I brought him a 1/18 scale remote controller Chopper. He got a real big kick driving it around in the hallway & showing it off to the nurses (from his room). They all said it was such a "cute" little motorcycle.

I think he'll do really great. I told him about all of the posts in this thread (he hasn't had a chance to visit venturerider.org yet). He was very touched and grateful. Thank you all - I am very sure your prayers are being answered.

Doug

It was great to have Doug and Dave stop by and visit.All my kids stoped by today and most of the Grandkids. It was so much fun to see all the little ones.Haveing Dave to be with me as I went down the hall was really special.That R/C motorcycile from Doug made my day today.I really appreciate all you thoughts and prayers while going thru this.I believe those things help.I am really tired today,but will post more tomorrow.

I just wanted to post a quick update and once again thank everybody for their support and their prayers on my behalf.

I am still in the hospital tho I now have most of the tubes removed. You can not imaginehow much of a relief it was to get the one out of my nose. I can now have clear liquids but not much.They are waiting for there to be more activity in my intestines before they release me probably on Sat. i will be so glad to finially get out ofhere.