IGNORED

12000klm service

sleepy2

Going in tomorrow to get service and also replace back brake pads as there is a metal on metal sound so using front right now.Figured should get more than 11500klms before having to change brakes.Might get them to change fronts because when slowing down is fine but the make noise when they come to a stop. Sometimes they will squeel just before stopping.

Going in tomorrow to get service and also replace back brake pads as there is a metal on metal sound so using front right now.Figured should get more than 11500klms before having to change brakes.Might get them to change fronts because when slowing down is fine but the make noise when they come to a stop. Sometimes they will squeel just before stopping.

The rear pads on 2nd Gens wear unevenly. Its a 5 minute job to rotate the inner and outer pad when oil is changed.

Got the back brakes done plus the 12000klm service yesterday. Mechanic also changed plugs and oil(engine & rear end oil). He checked out front brakes and says that I should be more aggressive on using front brakes to stop instead of slowly using brakes to stop.Says it is probably build-up between pads that makes the noise and feeling I get.

When I went to leave bike almost stalled when accelerating so I mentioned it seemed to be runing on 3 cylinder which he said he changed plus band it was fine when he took it for ride so he tried throttle and went across lot and said it seemed fine. Left again and go a few yards up road and went back and said it was still running on 3 cylinders which he finally tried throttle again and shut off bike and said "wait a minute" and then shut off bike and checked plug wires and guess what front plug wire was NOT secured. Tried it again and was great. $300 later I went home .No more problems>