IGNORED

Longwood FL and surrounding area info needed

1BigDog

Ill be spending the night in the Longwood FL area on Oct 30th to 31st. Im not familiar with the area. I know there are some shady areas over there. I need some hotel info on where the better areas are. IM having some mods done to my Mustang at Lamotta Performance on 17 and I want to try to stay in the immediate area but some of the local hotels have pretty sleazy ratings so im concerned with the overall area.

Thanks, Jeff

Jeff,

At Exit 92 off I-4 there are plenty of good motels.

From exit 94 / I-4 intersection you would only be 6.8 miles from Lamotta Performance on 17

Exit 92 has these motels:

Hampton Inn = $70.00

Ramada Inn = ?

Remington Inn & Suites = ?

Residence Inn = $129.00

Spring Hill Suites = $109.00

Days Inn = $54.00

Americas Best Inn = $42.00

Embasy Suites = $127 with Free happy hour from 4pm to 7pm..and free Cooked to order breakfast.

Resturants at exit 94 / I-4 interstion are:

Longhorns

Red Lobster

Kobe Japanesse Steak house

Sweet Tomatoes

Perkins

Bangkok

Crackerbarrel

Denny's

Olive Garden

TGIF

Bars:

Why Not Lounge

Bobbie G's Sports Bar

Thirsty Whale Pub

I know where I would be staying..............:whistling:

Edited by Eck

Embasy Suites = $127 with Free happy hour from 4pm to 7pm..and free Cooked to order breakfast.

:think:would that be about right Eck....? :hihi:

Happy Hour = what they call the managers evening reception .

Our hotel offers two TVs and a refrigerator for your convenience. Savor our free cooked-to-order breakfast, featuring omelets made the way you like them or on a busy morning, grab a bagel and coffee to go. Unwind in the evening, at our complimentary Manager’s Reception* in the atrium.

Service of alcohol subject to state and local laws. Must be of legal drinking age

Price $127 is what is posted on line for that Embassy Suite location

(Google Maps location "pop up" says $127)

AAA RATE-ID REQUIRED: $115

http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/embassy-suites-orlando-north-MCOSPES/about/amenities.html

Edited by Eck

Sorry Eckster but 127 for a place to rest my head is a bit steep. For that price it better come with a hoo, er, nevermind......

Thanks for the input though. At least I know the areas to avoid.

Holy Crap!! Called a hotel in Lake Mary and while the room was cheap they didnt offer a shuttle service. She said the taxis charge 90 bucks for a trip to the airport!! I may just have to rent a cheep car.

Embassy's sometimes have a shuttle. I'd check with them.

$127.00 might be steep for you, but consider the money you won't spend on breakfast. It's a nice cooked to order one, not some continental one that gives you cereal and a waffle machine everybody's fighting over.

I can usually get a cheaper rate than the internet by calling that specific Embassy and asking for their best rate. If you're AAA it'll probably be cheaper than $127.00.

Decided to just rent a car and drive home for the night. Its only about 2 hrs away anyway. Now if I can just stuff my big arse into a Chevy Aveo......:smile5: