IGNORED

Butler seat mod

On June 16 2012 I rode from Buckley Wa to Vacaville Ca (780 Miles). It took me 18 hours. My butt did not get sore or tired. What I did notice is that all my joints began to get stiff from lack of movement.

Well worth the investment, and does not detrack from the looks of the VR for one can not see any part of the modification.

Had mine done over the holidays last December. The seat is a vast improvement... and the time spent there was worth a trip from Houston. My wife loved her seat being done too. I was blessed to be going to Dallas for the Holidays and to coordinate the time for the mod. Also check the "BAG BOLTS" and other items you will appreciate.

I would say 'ditto' to what the others have been saying, but the only difference is mine is a 1st Gen. Rick took my seat which had been modified by a local upholsterer and transformed it from something that was very uncomfortable into something that is so good that you never think about it. That's a big difference. In the 7 months since he's worked on it, Barb and I have ridden 14,000 miles, including some 550 miles days. No butt pain for either of us. Send your seat(s) to Rick.

Frank D.

Rick really does a good job on these seat mods. I did 600 miles last week hardly had to move around at all. I recommend getting a sheepskin to put on top of your seat as well. I have to say I have been very impressed with the comfort of my seat since these 2 additions to mine.

I need info on seat mod by butler.....Getting sore riding long miles...will this help?

It depends!

It depends upon a number of factors, none of which we can possibly know up front.

ANY comfort alterations to most stock seats provide relief. Whether or not that will work for you is an individual thing.

The Butler seat mod is very reasonably priced and it may be all you need but there is no "one size fits all" in the butt department, and for some it will not work well. In part that may be to do with the distances they ride, and the number of days they do it for.

I have read hundreds, if not thousands of discussion posts and ride reports on seats, and there is some braod agreement:

Corbin .... Very expensive, look fabulous, are uncomfortable for much long distance work

Mayer .... Two different Meyers(sp) ... Each has it's own adherents. Makes a great product and is expensive. Some LD Riders like them, some do not.

Russell ... Again not cheap. Almost universally liked with a few outliers. Do not look as nice as Corbin but you can run as many 1000 miles days on them as you want.

OTHERS: Including Butler ... Adding gel pads, re-shaping foam, changing densities ... All of these things work, up to a point. You can try it and see, or you could go straight to a Russell or Meyer and pay the $$$

Many people, including me, try all sorts of remedies and end up spending too much money :D

It really is an area where the experience is so variable that all we can do is point you in the right direction. One thing is clear ... Butler will improve your seat. Whether or not the improvement is good enough only you can tell.

Since I live close by, I traveled over to Mr. Butler's home, and he graciously gave me a first hand look at how he makes it happen.

I brought him in a Mustang seat set, and he made it better.

Now, I did have to ride it for a few days to adjust to the changes to the way you sit (Mustang pushes you forward on the bike in Stock config), but I have no complaints, and I feel that the Butler Mod was a good investment for my seat.

Now on the passenger seat, it is a Huge Improvement! Everyone that rides on the back tells me how great the seat is. And my Wifey, who has hated the previous seats, is finally happy! :)

I can't see how you could go wrong with his Mod.

I can recommend with confidence on his ability, construction, and professionalism.

Highly recommend Ricks Mod. I had mine done at 30000mi and recently had him look at it again at 93000mi. I was having tailbone pain after some Iron Butt rides. When Rick worked on it again, I went on a 4500mi trip with the wife and no problems. Worth the money. He also he did my wifes vstar 1100 seat which improved it.