IGNORED

Seafoam vs Stabol?

If I have been using a little seafoam in every fillup sense I have owned my bike,do I need to put Stabol in her when I put her up for the cold months? In short, will Seafoam do the same thing as Stabol as far as keeping the gas from turning to varnish in the carbs?

If I have been using a little seafoam in every fillup sense I have owned my bike,do I need to put Stabol in her when I put her up for the cold months? In short, will Seafoam do the same thing as Stabol as far as keeping the gas from turning to varnish in the carbs?

yes, seafoam is also a fuel stabilizer

i do not care for the sta-bil product

i have used the seafoam for about 15 years+ in all of my motorcycles, lawnmowers, snow blowers and weed eaters,

my old antique dirtbikes have fuel with birthdays, and they run fine every summer for a mile or two and then away for another year.

I like seafoam, I know it works, so why change and take a chance. If you look at the Seafoam website it states that its a fuel stabilizer, so dont waste your money on both seafoam and stabil, pick one or the other.

My choice would be Seafoam

Brian

i It actually states it will stabalize fuel up to two years. that is better than most fuel stabalizers that only claim a few months. They also claim to protect your engine from ethanol fuel damage. http://www.seafoamsales.com/how-to-use-sea-foam-motor-treatment.html Edited by saddlebum

There's two similar threads floating on this, gas additives.

As for fighting ethanol, water or winterizing also consider Startron.

My savy Yamaha dealer (who also sells watercraft) recommends it above any other additives.

From the other thread:

Look for STARTRON in stores. In WalMart it is in the marine section next to the boat oil.

The bottle is Windex blue. About $8 but goes a long way.

It is for both ethanol and water in gas. Good stuff, will make ethanol gas safe (stable) for months.

http://content.westmarine.com/images/catalog/large/5617741.jpg

thanks for all the responses..... I have been sold on Seafoam for years and do use about 2 ounces with (every) fillup on my bike and wifes Burgman and no carb or FI problems at all with either,even put the stuff in my diesel tractor. Its good to know that there is no need to go out and buy Stabil now. Wonder how much a 55 gallon barrel of Seafoam would cost? ;)

I stopped using Sea Foam when they raised the price. I believe its B-2 Chemtool I'm using now.

I also noticed that the price has been going up. However, I do believe that a lot of people will continue to buy the product due to its proven results and good reputation from users.

how much would you put in for a full tank...not sure if i would follow what's on the bottle (not sure if it's too little or too much). i would like to know how much members here are putting in for the winter mos...

thanks for all the responses..... I have been sold on Seafoam for years and do use about 2 ounces with (every) fillup on my bike and wifes Burgman and no carb or FI problems at all with either,even put the stuff in my diesel tractor. Its good to know that there is no need to go out and buy Stabil now. Wonder how much a 55 gallon barrel of Seafoam would cost? ;)

Well, here in michigan the stuff costs about $1/oz (or a hair over $7000 for 55 gal)....that would cost about 3x what i paid for my star.....gonna have to buy it 1/2 pint at a time

Edited by dbikers

how much would you put in for a full tank...not sure if i would follow what's on the bottle (not sure if it's too little or too much). i would like to know how much members here are putting in for the winter mos...

Well, here in michigan the stuff costs about $1/oz (or a hair over $7000 for 55 gal)....that would cost about 3x what i paid for my star.....gonna have to buy it 1/2 pint at a time

Hey Don do I see a POWER BUY COMING UP? ;)