IGNORED

happy birthday skydoc_17

oldgoat

Thanks very much for the Birthday wishes! I am usually at work by this time of the morning, but I decided to take the day off and go for a "Joy Ride" on my 87'VR. Things have been so busy lately with the move to the new house, and shop that I ALMOST forgot my birthday. Family and friends will gather this evening to invade the local steak house where we will lift our glasses to fellow riding brothers and sisters that are still with us, and those that are not. As I reflect on the previous year this morning, I have come to realize that many things in my life have changed recently. My address for one, (who would have ever thought that I would be buying a new house at my age!) My job, (I accepted a new promotion at work 2 months ago) But, I have also come to realize that some things HAVE NOT changed! (for all of the VR.ORG members that came by, or called, or sent a PM or email, I thank you for the well wishes)

I move just a bit slower now, I awake every morning with some new, and interesting aches and pains that I never had before, I tire just a bit sooner that I used to, but I am also slower to anger, I listen more than I speak, I spend more "quality time" with my wife, my family and my friends, and I take the time to do a job right the first time, because my many years on this planet have allowed me to fully appreciate what happens when I rush thru a project! Over the years I have amassed a tremendous amount of knowledge, and I am finally starting to connect the wisdom that goes with the knowledge to good use.

Now, if I could only put my brain pan in the BODY of a 20 year old, Life would be GOOD!

Thanks again for the well wishes, :thumbsup2:

Earl

Congratulations on another birthday. The more we get the more we learn. Now, my question. What would be the average age of the VR members? As for me, i will be 69 real soon, and i am a new member here, and just last December got the Venture i have wanted since first seeing them. A beautiful white 88 royale. It even has venture travel bags.

Over the years I have amassed a tremendous amount of knowledge, and I am finally starting to connect the wisdom that goes with the knowledge to good use.

:

Earl

Knowledge is the result of gaining of information

Wisdom is knowing the best application of that information.

I saw it on the forum here.....

knowledge is knowing it is a one way street.

Wisdom is looking both ways anyway!