IGNORED

On the road again

Dragonslayer

Last Friday I finally completed the 87MKII 1st gen and got it back on the road. It's been on the center stand for about a year while I worked all of the known bugs out of it.

At first I had a performance issue with old gas at the bottom of the tank but after running the tank dry and filling with fresh gas, then adjusting the idle it seems to be running great. I haven't had a chance to put a lot of miles on it yet to evaluate if the 4200 rpm stutter has completely disappeared. But, so far there has been no sign of it. I'm also expecting the 26MPG issue to have greatly improved. I'll report after a tank of gas or two has been spent.

As always I would like to express my profound and sincere thanks, gratitude and pride in this forum and all of it's distinguished members that have graciously assisted me directly and indirectly in this on-going Labor-of-love. That assistance has been in the forms of advice, technical knowledge and support, donation of needed parts, well written and timely technical articles, friendships and camaraderie. And, so much more impossible to express in my limited use of the language, and without tearing up.

Within the next few days it will be time for me to detail, service and return the 07 Midnight Venture That I have been riding for the past two years. That bike has been on loan to me by another true and valued friend who has generously allowed me to use it as it was my own. Now it is time to get him reacquainted with his bike since not riding for the past two years. Hopefully, I can encourage him to join and become involved in this forum. I know because of the type of person he is, and the nature of the people on this forum that he will find a motorcycle home here in doing so. As I have.

I'm sure that he will soon discover as we all have, that it will be the best $12.00 that can be spent.

Edited by Dragonslayer