IGNORED

It's POURING RAIN --- So I "tinker" ...

SilvrT

Can't ride, can't do yardwork, already did the dishes, cleaned the bathroom, made the bed, vacuumed the floors....

Guess there's nothing else to do but "tinker" with the scoot so, here's my Carbon Fiber "tinkering"...

[ATTACH]72253[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]72254[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]72255[/ATTACH]

was that just fe-covering an existing panel or did you fill in a hole? Do you have a before picture??

Looks good regardless!

Covering an existing panel.

Look closely at this pic for "original" ...

[ATTACH]72269[/ATTACH]

I'm contemplating painting that "exposed" silver frame and some other connected components this winter. Thinking same color as the bike or maybe black ... not sure ... waddya think??

Here's and example of what it will look like ...

[ATTACH]72270[/ATTACH]

looks good Ric, but by the amount of that wet stuff falling from the sky(reminds me of a Scottish summer) your gonna have a lot of time to tinker . hows that frame look in black .

Something like this ...

[ATTACH]72271[/ATTACH]

Looks good!! Just my .02, but I also think orange would look better than black. How does that c/f tape hold up to the elements? Did you use any heat to get it to wrap around the edges? I think I read somewhere once that if you used a hairdryer you could kinda "mold" it and work it around edges and odd shapes without crinkling it.

Looks good!! Just my .02, but I also think orange would look better than black. How does that c/f tape hold up to the elements? Did you use any heat to get it to wrap around the edges? I think I read somewhere once that if you used a hairdryer you could kinda "mold" it and work it around edges and odd shapes without crinkling it.

I have a different "secret" method ... :whistling:

As for the elements, I had it on my Venture and it seemed to be fine after 3 years.