IGNORED

Slight problem..........

DragonRider

Today I took the time to bleed and flush the clutch and the front brakes, all went well till I tried to bleed the left front caliper on the 93 trike. Pumped up the brake and broke open the bleeder, nothing came out.........so I loosened the brake line at the caliper and fluid came out. The brakes were delinked when it was triked, but evidently they didnt replace the proportioning valve for the front brakes so both would work off of the brake lever. I am in need of one so I can get more braking power to the front, 1 caliper dont work too good on a heavy trike. I guess I will have to check with Skydoc to see if he has one available.

I'm not sure if I have all the info right here, but I am assuming that the ront brakes both should be working from the handle. If that is the case and you have fluid coming from the line but not from the bleeder, I would pull the bleeder right out to see if you then can send fluid through the caliper, if so, you have a plugged bleeder.

Could be the case, but I think they didnt connect the other brake line to the front brake lever. just dont have any stopping power what so ever when I use the front brakes, I only think one is working, but I will check.

I'm not sure if I have all the info right here, but I am assuming that the ront brakes both should be working from the handle. If that is the case and you have fluid coming from the line but not from the bleeder, I would pull the bleeder right out to see if you then can send fluid through the caliper, if so, you have a plugged bleeder.

OK physically follow the brake line from the calipeer back. It should go straight up the fork tube to a splitter somewhere around the triple tree where it joins up with the line from the other caliper. Coming into the splitter is a direct line from the front brake lever. IOf not, then the front brakes were never linked when it was triked and it needs to be done. Earl has splitters from VMax's he sells along with SS lines.

Now, with the line unscrewed, or at least unloosened, when you squeeze the brake lever does a good amount of brake fluid come out? If so then the problem is in the caliper or bleeder...

Lewis,

Something I ran across when I switched over to the delink system on the front of this '86 I have. Depending upon if they used different lines and/or banjo bolts. Not all banjo bolts are the same. The ones on the original Venture have a strait shoulder and the fitting is channeled. Newer lines have a strait surface on the ID of the line fitting and the banjo bolt has a channel in it.

Here is a write up I did on my findings.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65356&highlight=Banjo+Bolt

Hey Lewis,

I have a kit that bolts right onto the First Gens. It has a braided S.S. line from the front M/C to the modified VMAX front Brake Splitter, a S.S. adapter bracket to mount the VMAX front brake splitter to the stock VR location, and two braided S.S. lines to your stock front calipers, or two R1 Calipers. (your choice) This link will show you pics of the 4 S.S. line set I offer for the First Gens. but since you have a trike, you will not need the rear line, or the block off plug, so I can offer you this kit at a reduced price. Here is the link:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3878&title=first-gens-sbrake-line-delink-kit-21&cat=22

I have this kit in stock, if you are interested, please feel free to PM me. :thumbsup2:

Earl