IGNORED

no Sound out of speakers

Bull

Was on trip to Myrtle Beach, had a short in the stabil horn and the radio went out? Well the head works, can change channels, bands, turn up volume, turn on and off the CB and what ever but no sound comes out of the speakers or the head sets? Have checked fuses? Any suggestions?:confused07:

You know there are TWO fuses that affect the audio system right? One is under the cover on the left side and the other is inside the lower right cowling. Have you checked them both?

also under the fairing, all the major cables are connected there. ( Have the fairing split recently?)

Thats a good question... why isnt there sound if you can turn it on and change channels...Makes one's mind go ...HUMMMMM...I surely do not remember a mute button.

I do not think it would be a blown fuse.. I do however think it is a loose connection or bad connection so I can only suggest you do the following to ensure it is NOT this issue.

======================

I suggest you split the fairing and apply dilectric grease to the large balck connectors as shown in these links.

Splitting Fairing - see here:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=494

Connectors (large black connectors) - see here: Note pull one connector apart at a time, apply the dilectric grease, then reassemble it before you pull another black connector apart..

Stops any confusion as to which one goes where...:whistling:

http://www.venturerider.org/faring/faring10.jpg

:080402gudl_prv:

• 2 months later...

I think you got a 2 part trouble here, I dont think they are connected. Just unfortunatly they went ka-put at the same time. Horn I would check mounting bolts and points and wire connections. Is the horn on a fused relay with direct power? When you roll the volume knob does it make the "beep" sound? Have you got an old speaker around? Try checking out the speakers. Look for the normal stuff that causes trouble first instead of the out of left field stuff. I'm thinking something in the ground system. The horn is powered all the time, what actually makes it work is the horn button connects the ground. Yea I know sounds bass akwards but thats they way they do it.

If everything lights up and stations show that they are changing, you have a speaker wire issue or the change over from headset to speakers is malfunctioning. If you had a blown fuse nothing on the system would work. I have never heard of anyone just loosing the speakers, and the rest of the system is apparently working (there is always a 1st time though) I would 2nd checking that all the pins in the plugs are connected securely together.