IGNORED

Looking for a ride to...ride to.

Miles

Hey, does anyone have a ride, rally, or m/c function that is going on in your neck of the woods, or prairie, or hills, or valley in the next couple months ???

I am itching for another ride before this year ends. I am riding down to Bolivia in the beginning of January, but that means I have the rest of October, all of November, and all of December with no rides planned. Whoa is me.

So if you have a m/c event in your area, or anywhere west of Timbuktu, Mali (that is in Africa), please send me a PM, and let me know. I need some more miles on these tires on my RSMTD before I take the bike apart for wheel attitude adjusments.

Thanks,:backinmyday:

Ft. Lauderdale annual Toy Run, 150,000 + motorcycles.

www.toysinthesunrun.com

Brake Pad, the ride out to Florida would be worth it, but I am not into Toy Runs, especially of that large size. I appreciate the value of toy runs, and they are for a good cause. But I am well past any interest of sitting around in a large crowd of 150,000 bikes, wannabe bikers, and the 1,500 cars that want to tag along. My theory has always been, during the time it takes them to process 150,000 bike(rs) wanting to donate a stuffed teddy bear, I could be riding an additional 1,000 miles. As I said, the ride to FL. might be a choice, and I may be able to tie it in with a second Four Corners ride this year.

Twigg, did you get that. I have already done one Four Corners ride this year, the one sponsored by the SCMA. I have done this ride several times over the years. BUTT...I may just have to do another one this year, to include stopping at that Florida Toy Run, just to show up for it.

From my corner of the US, we have found it advantageous to take our time riding out to Madawaska, ME. first...(yeah, like I take my time riding to anywhere)...and once checked into Madawaska...then ride down to Key West, FL., hit the Toy Run on the way back up, then beeline it over to San Ysidro, Ca., and then ride back home, with a short detour up to Blaine.

I don't mind a very small local toy run, but these events that bring in 150,000 are more waiting around, and too much drinking, than they are riding. And my gig is...to ride my bike, not show it off in a parking lot.

Brake Pad, the ride out to Florida would be worth it, but I am not into Toy Runs, especially of that large size. I appreciate the value of toy runs, and they are for a good cause. But I am well past any interest of sitting around in a large crowd of 150,000 bikes, wannabe bikers, and the 1,500 cars that want to tag along. My theory has always been, during the time it takes them to process 150,000 bike(rs) wanting to donate a stuffed teddy bear, I could be riding an additional 1,000 miles. As I said, the ride to FL. might be a choice, and I may be able to tie it in with a second Four Corners ride this year.

Twigg, did you get that. I have already done one Four Corners ride this year, the one sponsored by the SCMA. I have done this ride several times over the years. BUTT...I may just have to do another one this year, to include stopping at that Florida Toy Run, just to show up for it.

From my corner of the US, we have found it advantageous to take our time riding out to Madawaska, ME. first...(yeah, like I take my time riding to anywhere)...and once checked into Madawaska...then ride down to Key West, FL., hit the Toy Run on the way back up, then beeline it over to San Ysidro, Ca., and then ride back home, with a short detour up to Blaine.

I don't mind a very small local toy run, but these events that bring in 150,000 are more waiting around, and too much drinking, than they are riding. And my gig is...to ride my bike, not show it off in a parking lot.

I was looking at the SCMA finisher list today for another reason, but I don't actually know your name so I wasn't aware you had done it :D

Here is what I would do, given that someone has suggested a toy run.

I would find a local kid who could use some cheering up. There are hundreds in every town, the news is full of the heartbreak.

Then I would go buy a really nice Teddy Bear. I would take that Bear and run the four corners getting the bear in all the pics, then give the bear and the souvenier book the SCMA provides to the child, with the story of it's adventures :)

Best of all worlds, but I'm just a big softie.

Three Sisters in November, see the post in the meet and eats or regional rallys section ( i forget which) Leaky Tx in November is always a blast, there will be a bunch of ventureriders there and a whole lot of food and margaritas.

Is everyone staying at the River Haven Cabins ?????

I guess I better call them and see if there are any rooms left.

Miles

I was looking at the SCMA finisher list today for another reason, but I don't actually know your name so I wasn't aware you had done it :D

Then I would go buy a really nice Teddy Bear. I would take that Bear and run the four corners getting the bear in all the pics, then give the bear and the souvenier book the SCMA provides to the child, with the story of it's adventures :)

Best of all worlds, but I'm just a big softie.

Twigg, I didn't know the SCMA has this eyars finishers list out yet, considering this year is not done yet.

But very good idea about the teddy bear. I like that. Of course, since all of my bikes are solo seating bikes, the teddy bear will have to ride on top of a fuel cell, or in front of the fairing, or...ghast...in a saddlebag.

I did this same thing in memorium of Ron Major, after he died in the 1997 IBR. Ron was always # 8 entry number in all the rallies, so I covered my PIAA 910 lights with the white plastic cover they came with, and had his initials RPM, and his riding number, #8, put on each cover in black, and then I rode the next Four Corners tour in late 1997, letting him see the country for one last time.

A roaming teddy bear is a great idea.

Thanks for that.

Twigg, I didn't know the SCMA has this eyars finishers list out yet, considering this year is not done yet.

But very good idea about the teddy bear. I like that. Of course, since all of my bikes are solo seating bikes, the teddy bear will have to ride on top of a fuel cell, or in front of the fairing, or...ghast...in a saddlebag.

I did this same thing in memorium of Ron Major, after he died in the 1997 IBR. Ron was always # 8 entry number in all the rallies, so I covered my PIAA 910 lights with the white plastic cover they came with, and had his initials RPM, and his riding number, #8, put on each cover in black, and then I rode the next Four Corners tour in late 1997, letting him see the country for one last time.

A roaming teddy bear is a great idea.

Thanks for that.

They have up to the middle of August.