IGNORED

RSTD passenger backrest

I have a 2008 RSTD with the quick release passenger backrest. Does anyone know what other years this will fit on? The reason I am asking is that I am having a custom made rack to mount a trunk on. I know it will fit my bike but I am wondering about other years. The guy who is making it for me maybe interested in them for other people.

you can use the mount and trunk off a venture as it will bolt on to the chrome side arm on the back fender.the extra holes pluged on the bar is where it'll bolt to. look on e-bay for pinwall store as they have a couple of the mounts and trunks. you can also moun t the grabrails off the venture too.

• 2 weeks later...
you can use the mount and trunk off a venture as it will bolt on to the chrome side arm on the back fender.the extra holes pluged on the bar is where it'll bolt to. look on e-bay for pinwall store as they have a couple of the mounts and trunks. you can also moun t the grabrails off the venture too.

This is partially correct. In order to mount a Venture trunk mount on a RSTD, you will either need to replace the chrome side arms on the back fender with a pair from a Venture (exact bolt-on replacement), or you will have to remove the locking pins for your removable backrest on your RSTD rails. This is where the forward holes on the trunk mount need to attach. When I installed a Harley tour-pak on my 2005 RSTD, I used the Venture trunk mount and rails, both of which I got on ebay from Pinwall. I also mounted the grab rails.

Good luck.

Glenn

• 1 year later...