IGNORED

At the Hotel last night the hotel phone rings

midnightrider1300

I pick the phone up & some1 from the desk says " sir I was wondering if you had went out to your bike to get your GPS?" I said NO why ? "well a guest reported some1 was getting it... So i slam the phone down and run out the door, ooops back in put pants on & then out the door. Sure enough some Son of a *itch" had tried to get my NEW 7'' screen Zumo GPS...they had it unplugged and out of the case BUT couldn't get the cord.. then some1 i guess scared them off... Needless to say I didn't sleep. I guess i went out to see if I could catch some1 messing with the bike 25 times.....I told my wife I guess it was good I didn't catch some1 cause I would have confronted them & my luck the SOB would had a gun & killed my AS$..

Glad the Slimeball didn`t get it !!

I pick the phone up & some1 from the desk says " sir I was wondering if you had went out to your bike to get your GPS?" I said NO why ? "well a guest reported some1 was getting it... So i slam the phone down and run out the door, ooops back in put pants on & then out the door. Sure enough some Son of a *itch" had tried to get my NEW 7'' screen Zumo GPS...they had it unplugged and out of the case BUT couldn't get the cord.. then some1 i guess scared them off... Needless to say I didn't sleep. I guess i went out to see if I could catch some1 messing with the bike 25 times.....I told my wife I guess it was good I didn't catch some1 cause I would have confronted them & my luck the SOB would had a gun & killed my AS$..

Yea from now on I will do both..... I guess I think every place is like home....

Sounds like I would like to live at your place. At my house I have a security camera in the garage with a motion detector for the inside lights, I keep the forks locked and the car outside literally against the door so it can't be opened.

And I've still lost some tools to the varmits. Haven't had many problems since I started wearing a side arm while working in the garage. Guess they are getting the message. Like they say, it pays to advertise.

I feel safer leaving the bike on the street downtown at night.

Glad you didn't lose anything...... except some sleep.

Mike

Edited by Snaggletooth

honest I never take a key out of anything i own.... my bike is in the carport, keys in it ... I go to town I leave keys in bike, helmet on my seat & my MP3 player in plain sight...I don't lock doors when I'm gone...living in a small town has it's perks...

Sounds like I would like to live at your place. At my house I have a security camera in the garage with a motion detector for the inside lights, I keep the forks locked and the car outside literally against the door so it can't be opened.

And I've still lost some tools to the varmits. Haven't had many problems since I started wearing a side arm while working in the garage. Guess they are getting the message. Like they say, it pays to advertise.

I feel safer leaving the bike on the street downtown and night.

Glad you didn't lose anything...... except some sleep.

Mike

Guest scarylarry
honest I never take a key out of anything i own.... my bike is in the carport, keys in it ... I go to town I leave keys in bike, helmet on my seat & my MP3 player in plain sight...I don't lock doors when I'm gone...living in a small town has it's perks...

And you live where?:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Now I'm really regretting not moving to Bay Minette. :bang head::rotf:

Mike

Guest scarylarry
I don't care, it's insured..if some1 wants it they are gonna get it 1 way or another

My thoughts to and more than likely I wanted a new one anyway...

Hello: Personally I have never had any issues while traveling with my bike yet. But it only takes once.The cover idea is a good deterent. I try not to leave anything really valuable in the bags and I lock them. Glad you did not lose your GPS. At home is another thing. The batteries out of my and the neighbors row crop tractors were recently stolen. They probably got $8 each for them at the recycling place. Cost me almost $400 to replace them. The cops called me the other day to inform me they know who took them and he is now in jail for 270 days. I hope the rest of your trip is good.:)

I have to agree on taking the GPS out. Shoot depending on how I feel about it, sometimes when I stop for a BREAK OR LUNCH ALONG THE WAY i PULL THE UNIT OUT AND PUT IT AWAY. (oops sorry hit that key, not yelling) I cover the bike just for the previous mentioned reason, outa site out of mind. Keeps prying eyes out. Glad all your gear is there.

I trust no one. If I leave my trailer at a motel, the tongue is locked down and a cable runs through the wheels, frame and to a tree or another trailer. If they really want it, they are going to have to work for it. I neverr leave a gps or mp3 player on the bike, covered or not. EVERYTHING is put away and locked up. I go into a store, helmets get locked up on the bike. TRUST NO ONE!!

If I am going to be out of site with my bike while at a store or even a restaurant, I will lock my helmet and put the GPS out of site. The main thing is to avoid all the hassle I would have to go through if my helmet was taken if I was on a trip. I also have the small Chatterbox unit on the passenger helmet and I would not want to loose that.

Keep in mind there are many druggies out there that would think nothing of ripping off your helmets if they thought the could get one drug fix out of it. Again, if they have to work for it, that will deter many.

I had a motorcycle stolen when I was about 14 and it was not a fun thing to do when I had to call my dad and get him to come get me at my girlfriends house. The bike was found later after it had been thrown off a bridge into a river. The guy that did it was shot point blank in the chest with a 12 gauge shot gun.

RandyA