IGNORED

pics from trip to Little River Canyon

midnightrider1300

i got some of the same pics. down underneath the bridge in your second pics, i layed down in that hole and let the water run over me t cool off when i was up there during the summer. always climb up on the rocks in the middle of the road about midway and take pics there too. climbing the steep hill from the lower river park is a lot of fun too. we always pull our bike out on the big canyon overlook and take pics of bike there.thats one area that a lot of people, even in Al don't know about. thats been a place i always take out-of-town folks to, to see that Al has some very nice places to ride in.

Nice pics

Its always a nice day trip to LRC from here in GA, some of the federal stimulus $ was used to redo the parking area by the falls along with the trail down to the river, much nicer now. Happen to ride over while under construction and the place was a mess.

Lots of good riding in AL, have met up a couple times with some vtx riders and done some rides.

We also like riding to Mt Cheaha (highest point in AL) also a good place to eat before headed home.

Thanks for the post, nice pics. I rode thru there a few years ago

with my son. It is a very pretty area.

I believe this pic was taken along the the canyon on that ride.

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af153/gwhobo/Scott%20ride%2005/AprilTakeOff026.jpg

Looks like a brave kid but it wasn't as close as it looks.

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af153/gwhobo/Scott%20ride%2005/AprilTakeOff025.jpg

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af153/gwhobo/Scott%20ride%2005/AprilTakeOff030.jpg

yammer' good times:happy34:

yea, thats the rock i was talking about, we climb up on to and take pics. also on the backside there's a long slit in the rocks, i like to put the front of the bike into the hole and take a pic and then back it in the other side and it looks like you drove thru the rock opening! yea they have do a lot of improvement to the road and parking areas along. the really bad spot is where if you are going north and you come to the deep dip and bridge across a little creek and you go straight up and have to turn to the left or right, it's a tuff one to go to the right. there's always sand and gravel in the middle and you have to hug the right edge of the road to go right without busting your butt. wish they would widen it a bit so it not as bad there. on one of the side roads, randy owens of the group alabama has his farm and he opened a gift shop in one of his old barns. h they were closed the day we road up. the only bad thing is they are letting a lot of homes to be built all along the parkway and i think it takes away a lot of the outdoorsy feel to the ride.