IGNORED

right direction

can someone point me in the right direction on how to pull the front speakers?

I had replaced my front speakers a few years ago, and if I'm not mistaken, it's as simple as pulling the front fairing off and going at them from behind.. If you do a search for Polk Speakers, you may find the thread that outlines exactly what is required.. simple enough job.. Best of luck!

I've been looking for a grounded wire, I pulled the fairing, and when I started putting everything back together I noticed the left support bolt for the speaker, was touching the metal support for the windshield. both speakers are shot. Best Buy said they no longer carry POLK speaker in 4 inch size.

I've been looking for a grounded wire, I pulled the fairing, and when I started putting everything back together I noticed the left support bolt for the speaker, was touching the metal support for the windshield. both speakers are shot. Best Buy said they no longer carry POLK speaker in 4 inch size.

Here's what you're looking for:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DB401/Polk-Audio-db401.html

Putting cones behind them help as well..

Here's what you're looking for:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DB401/Polk-Audio-db401.html

Putting cones behind them help as well..

Got mine from Crutchfield. FAST to ship and a second pair were like half price. They do highlight the limitations of my first gen stereo. (thank God it's more than made up for with abundant horse power :whistling:) I msay end up removing the radio/amp and CB in favor of a modern day high power 4 channel stereo.

But I'm having a hard time finding one with a cassette deck,,,,,,,,:backinmyday:

No, they came off my trike about 6 years ago and they have been sitting

on the bench ever since getting dusty !! Almost threw them out last week :shock3:

I also have some Pioneers laying around as well.. :scratchchin:

Since your OEM's are 09 they should be in great shape tho.

Got mine from Crutchfield. FAST to ship and a second pair were like half price. They do highlight the limitations of my first gen stereo. (thank God it's more than made up for with abundant horse power :whistling:) I msay end up removing the radio/amp and CB in favor of a modern day high power 4 channel stereo.

But I'm having a hard time finding one with a cassette deck,,,,,,,,:backinmyday:

Thank You John T I just ordered a set.