IGNORED

Fork Seals, Dust Caps, and Fork Covers

I'm thinking about the BikeMaster seals. My dad used em in Lady Blue before me and before they started to leak, they did okay. Anyone with experience on em?

Dust seals, oem as well?

and to top it off... Covers. I love the fact my forks look good uncovered, but a little bit of protection couldn't hurt...

If oem, can't someone point the seals out for me in the parts fisch -.-' every time I look at it, my head hurts.

Many of us have had less than satisfactory results using aftermarket fork seals. There are probably many that they have worked fine for as well.

The issue seems to be that the aftermarket ones are just a little bit thicker. This severely complicates getting the upper washer & wire retainer properly seated.

On the bright side, when you have to soon replace the low cost aftermarket seals, the replacement procedure will be fresh in your mind, and will go a lot easier the second time.

Your mileage may vary.

Gary

I fought getting my forks back together using after market seals . Finally realized they were a little thicker than the OEM seals. Bought a set and the forks went right together. Save yourself time and stress ....buy OEM.

I would like to, but for some odd reason, two months in, and I've yet to see that sealmate.

Been shipped too.

Best 6.99$ donation ever.

Seriously? I got mine in a few days and you live closer than I do.

Have you contacted them? Gotta love the USPS.

Here is a picture of the OEM and the aftermarket seals. The aftermarket does not have the thinner area for the C-clip. I fought getting the clip and washers :shock3: on until I realized the issue ( thanks to this forum) :happy65:

Seriously? I got mine in a few days and you live closer than I do.

Have you contacted them? Gotta love the USPS.

Half a dozen different non bike projects keep me occupied elsewhere, but this weekend is looking light...

So oem fork seals it is. Dust covers, fork gators? Good chunk of my riding is done in the dawn and dusk, where the damn bugs are most active.........

Here is a picture of the OEM and the aftermarket seals. The aftermarket does not have the thinner area for the C-clip. I fought getting the clip and washers :shock3: on until I realized the issue ( thanks to this forum) :happy65:

Those were the Pyramid (?) brand weren't they KIC? I had a set of those. Just didn't fit.

Mike

Those were the Pyramid (?) brand weren't they KIC? I had a set of those. Just didn't fit.

Mike

Yepper... Pyramid seals:shock3:. Caused me a lot of grief. OEM's went right in and the clips went in with no problems. :happy65: