IGNORED

Thoughts wanted on some Winter projects

Jazzmann320

Hi folks.. I'm looking for some thoughts, ideas and input on some projects I am thinking about doing over the winter. Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated. This is to my 2004 RSV:

First project - Lower the front

Does anyone have any experience with the Barons Performance front fork lowering kit vs just the spacers being added to the forks. What are the differences in handling? Does anyone recommend the Performance lowering kit or not?

Second project - Handlebar replacement and braided cables. Will be giving Buckeye's (I thank that was who is recommended here in the forums) a call to get all the parts. Looking to replace the stock handle bar with the Flanders one with more pull back.

I am thinking of adding heated grips at that time and am wondering if anyone has added heated grips.. if so, what was used? I like the stock grips as my hands are on the smaller side. I have used the ISO grips on previous bikes but do not like them due to their larger diameter size. Has anyone used or added heating elements to the stock grips? How do you like them? I am also looking at the Avon brand heated grips. Not sure yet what their diameter is vs the stock grips.

I figure while I have everything apart to lower the front, I might as well do the handlebars and cables at the same time.

Thanks for all the input... I don't always post a lot but love to read the articles and this site has been a constant source of help when needed.

You'll love the Flanders bars and cable upgrade. I did this on Jeannie's trike last spring and they made a HUGE difference in comfort and handling. Check with Skydok on the cables, his cable kit is better and I think a bit cheaper than Buckeye's.

Can't comment on the lowering yet other than what I've been told. I am going to lower my front by sliding the tubes up 3/4" in the trees this winter.

Hey Bongobob.. yes, we will keep in touch about the handlebar upgrades. What heaters are you looking to install? Did you compare others?

Ragtop.. thanks .. I am looking forward to the handlebar upgrade. I currently have the handlebar risers on and like them but don't like that they scratch the plastic gas tank housing and that they rub the bottom of the inner fairing every bump I go over. Want to get the handlebar mounted back to it's normal location.