IGNORED

Headin' for New Mexico

V7Goose

Looks like we will be blowing the dust off this Yuppyville North Texas area and heading for Ruidoso, NM. We have a contract pending on a nice chunk of property in the mountains, and if all goes well, we'll be heading out by November 1. Looking forward to some cooler temperatures! The next challenge is gonna be to sell this place in Texas.

Been retired for a couple of years, and the DFW area just isn't our idea of a nice place to relax. Haven't had any luck finding the right kinda place down in the Texas Hill Country, so we decided to change venues all together. The new place in the mountains has a great big shop and lots of land, so maybe we'll see some of you out there!

Goose

congrats on the new place Kent Yall will love it out there and hope you get a good buyer for the DFW house when next i get out that way ill pm you and we can ride around checking out the sites i know its beautiful country out that way and i do miss it good luck and have fun after the move :cool10::cool10:

Paul

Looks like we will be blowing the dust off this Yuppyville North Texas area and heading for Ruidoso, NM. We have a contract pending on a nice chunk of property in the mountains, and if all goes well, we'll be heading out by November 1. Looking forward to some cooler temperatures! The next challenge is gonna be to sell this place in Texas.

Been retired for a couple of years, and the DFW area just isn't our idea of a nice place to relax. Haven't had any luck finding the right kinda place down in the Texas Hill Country, so we decided to change venues all together. The new place in the mountains has a great big shop and lots of land, so maybe we'll see some of you out there!

Goose

Congratulations on the new place! Ruidoso is a beautiful area.:cool10:

Guest tx2sturgis

You will probably want to keep a couple things in mind. It snows there. Sometimes, a LOT of snow. You may end up buying a snowthrower, and a log splitter for your woodstove, assuming you will have one.

Also, the fires this year were pretty severe, as you probably know, the locals can tell you about it.

The Ruidoso motorcycle rallies, twice per year, are quite an event....lots of good riding in the area. I'm thru there pretty often...normally in the truck, but sometimes on the bike. Summers are wonderful in the mountains. Nothing beats the smell of the pines all year long, especially in the evenings.

You will enjoy it. Ironically, in another thread, I bragged about the retirement benefits of southern New Mexico, but my suggestions seemed to have fallen on deaf ears. I'm glad someone on the forum will be able to verify my opinions after some time there. :happy34:

Enjoy your new home,,, is there a house or just a shop,,,, maybe some pictures would be available for us to approve??????
Yup, there'll be pix and more info down the road once we get settled in - heck, we're not even supposed to close until November 1, so still lots to do before we can even say for sure we own it.

But it is a full package - house, huge shop with guest quarters (unfinished at the moment), Horse barn, and 20 acres of land. I'll finally have the shop I need to do some decent motorcycle work (but probably a lot fewer customers). The thing I miss most from the western states is the public land and open space - I'm really tired of all the fences and 'keep out' attitude here in Texas! I lived in New Mexico back in the 70s, and I look forward to going back. It is no Arizona, but still a very nice state with a lot going for it. The southern mountains are beautiful and only a day's ride from my kids here in Texas.

We'll have plenty of camping space, and maybe even a guest bed or two for friends heading through the area. And when you are riding across the southwest in the summer, the Capitan mountains DEFINITELY provide a nice break from the heat! The only drawback is that it is a long way from any reasonable international airport for our non-motorcycle travels. But I guess there have to be some tradeoffs in everything.

Goose

----But it is a full package - house, huge shop with guest quarters (unfinished at the moment), Horse barn, and 20 acres of land. I'll finally have the shop I need to do some decent motorcycle work (but probably a lot fewer customers). The thing I miss most from the western states is the public land and open space - I'm really tired of all the fences and 'keep out' attitude here in Texas! I lived in New Mexico back in the 70s, and I look forward to going back. It is no Arizona, but still a very nice state with a lot going for it. The southern mountains are beautiful and only a day's ride from my kids here in Texas. --- Goose

Sounds fabulous Kent. Hope your move goes well and you are able to settle in quickly - and enjoy!!

• 2 weeks later...