• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Superbrace I stole on eBay arrived yesterday. I fitted it while youngest daughter was waiting for the school bus, and went for a short ride a few minutes ago.

It is transformed!

The low speed "wobble" around slow turns ... gone.

The handlebar shaking, hands off at around 25mph ... gone.

Faster turns feel much more planted. Not an R1, but not the bike I had yesterday.

Best ten bucks I ever spent :)

i thought the wobble was from a bad tire or bearings when i had the new tire put on the wobble was not as bad but still noticeable i need to get a super brace but 143 is pricey so i looked at condor add 67 is a hole lot better i willbe getting one of those in about a month when the funds permit and he has some in stock

WOW!

THAT my friend was a steal!:clap2:

Heh .... All things come to he who waits :)

It was a trader. Last year when I saw someone (an individual) advertise something for $25 that I knew should fetch $150, I suggested he take it down and change the price. I hate ordinary folk like me not getting a fair price.

Traders really should know what they are selling.

just my 2c ... others may differ.

• 3 years later...

I know this an old thread but here goes.. On my '84 Venture I have a high speed weave snaking instability. This with new tires (shinko 777's), progressive springs, neck bearing adjusted,.. Got to check that rear shock bushings and swingarm bearings tomorrow but figure I should get a superbrace, or a condorbrace, or a Bob Meyers VZ Brace... But the Superbrace is now up to $160 so I'm trying to get a lower price.. There's plenty of stock fork braces on ebay so I'm figuring many people are installing super braces.. suggestions?

Purchased a Superbrace a few years ago. Can't say it made a lot of difference in my case. When she's hard over as she'll lay in a turn that has some unevenness in the surface, she gets the wobblies. I'm running progressive springs btw.

I know this an old thread but here goes.. On my '84 Venture I have a high speed weave snaking instability. This with new tires (shinko 777's), progressive springs, neck bearing adjusted,.. Got to check that rear shock bushings and swingarm bearings tomorrow but figure I should get a superbrace, or a condorbrace, or a Bob Meyers VZ Brace... But the Superbrace is now up to $160 so I'm trying to get a lower price.. There's plenty of stock fork braces on ebay so I'm figuring many people are installing super braces.. suggestions?
I bought one like this a few years ago. It was about half the thickness of the Super Brace and about twice the thickness of the OEM brace and cost about half of what the Super Brace did. The OEM brace is anaemic and the Super Brace is excessive while this brace is just right. That's my opinion at least.

I bought one like this a few years ago. It was about half the thickness of the Super Brace and about twice the thickness of the OEM brace and cost about half of what the Super Brace did. The OEM brace is anaemic and the Super Brace is excessive while this brace is just right. That's my opinion at least.

Nice and the only one like it on eBay.. Do you know the mfr?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Nice and the only one like it on eBay.. Do you know the mfr?

No, I never knew who made them. All I can say is the brace was made from aircraft aluminum and fit perfectly. I've seen this type of brace on several member's bikes. Condor made a brace for a while that was similar but better looking, a bit more curvy.

One of the very first ones I made went to Oregon,, and this may very well be it or a clone of it.

I may have stumbled upon those 3 or 4 near finished ones i spoke of a while back. Let me know if you are serious and I'll check the place where I saw them last

I bought this one a year or two ago but this person doesn't seem to be selling it anymore on Ebay.

It's very "chunky" and worth trying to find IMHO:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Venture-Fork-Brace-1983-1993-/261203137975?hash=item3cd0eb95b7&nma=true&si=GZRXGDkeNvQiYq%252FaIb%252BR9nMe6fw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This one looks like it is made from a sand casting. On the inside part that is against the fender it looks like a sand cast surface that did not quite clean up during machining and even on the top machined surface you can see a couple of holes from air pockets or inclusions. Since the purpose is adding strength and stiffness to the front forks I would want one machined from a solid bar. I have one on my bike but i got it so long ago I don't remember where it came from. But it did and still does help.

I always get a kick out of ads that try to make something sound better by saying "Aircraft grade aluminum" there are some really weak grades of metal used on aircraft.

I have one exactly like Camos's...traded another member for it. Funny thing is mine has the word superbrace punched into it???
The Super Brace that I saw advertised was 1 1/2" thick and mine is 3/4" thick otherwise they looked the same. Mine is not a casting.

That's a nice looking brace. With the design shape it probably was done on a water jet. The brace I had for the group buy was a CNC and flatter.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106830[/ATTACH]

I looked it up, it looks like I bought it in October of 2014. You weren't selling yours at the time and someone posted this one. It looked good

to me and so I jumped on it. I did notice that Ebay shows the listing as ended July 1st so the trail's not so cold:

Ended: Jul 01, 2016, 7:37AM

After my April accident in 2015 I replaced the front forks and installed this brace. I like it.

Here's what it looks like on a Gen 1.2, what you see is safety wire wrapped around the bottom of my dust boots. I had to cut away the rubber on the insides of the boots, leaving only a small bead on the bottom. The fork brace was very slightly radiused on the bottom inside and the fork slider itself has a groove in that location all the way around. It was just enough room for me to mash my retention system in place as the brace was installed. It's a tighter fit than it ever could have been without the extra material. Shimmed to the max. Let us hope I don't need to replace fork seals or anything of that sort for many years to come.

Chunky Brace

20160812_023036.jpg

One of the very first ones I made went to Oregon,, and this may very well be it or a clone of it.

I may have stumbled upon those 3 or 4 near finished ones i spoke of a while back. Let me know if you are serious and I'll check the place where I saw them last

Yes, I still want one

• 4 months later...
Are there any still for sale out there? how much was condor selling them for?

If memory serves me correctly...it's been a while... the price was $76US with Paypal, shipped via USPS Priority. Canada was about 10-12 bucks more. All inclusive. Braces can be had off eBay for around $25 to $30 bucks. You just have to be diligent in your search. Or save the search and get emailed when one appears... Good Luck.

I checked eBay for a while and only heard of one I think that I missed which went around $70. So no, they haven't gone down and everyone wants one!

When I started the group buy I was ordering them in quantities of 30-40. As the years passed it took forever to get rid of 10. So I had a lot of bucks wrapped up in braces that just sat here, and the last couple were like pulling teeth. That's why I stopped. It just didn't make sense to carry them any longer.

Here's one off a V-Max. Do some research on to see if fits.... It does look close...

BRACE

are the bolts different for MKll vs MKl? also do yall use locktight?

The bolts for the super are longer due to the thickness. 17x1.25 I think??.. I't been a while.. so don't take it as gospel.. Bob's may come with the longer bolts?? I've installed quite a few and have never used Loc-Tite, and can't recall anyone mentioning it in the past...