• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick clarification here folks. Condor was selling, may still have some, custom made heavy duty fork braces. From all reports, they are a very good product. They are NOT Superbraces though. Superbrace is a brand name and is copyrighted. Please know that Condor is NOT selling the Superbrace brand fork brace.

details, details!

I know you folks in the states are always worried about a lawsuit....but around here tissue of any brand is still a kleenex!

I bought a brace from Condor...and I think it is just Super.

So for our purposes...we could call it a super brace!

:witch_brew:

Got one of Condors braces on my '84. Works well.

I kinda call it the "CondorBrace" to keep the "other" folks calm. :rotf:

There was a brace listed in our classified ads in December. Still shows as active. Worth a look.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3861&title=alluminum-fork-brace&cat=6

Mike

Edited by Snaggletooth

Just a side note. I just shipped the last brace in stock about a month ago and since the 'need' has slacked off to.. 2-3 a year.., I may not order another 10... the minimum amount. I suppose if I were to get preorders for 6-8 I'd reconsider. And as Don stated previously these are not Super Braces, but well made and make a great improvement in handling for the 1stGen.

Just a side note. I just shipped the last brace in stock about a month ago and since the 'need' has slacked off to.. 2-3 a year.., I may not order another 10... the minimum amount. I suppose if I were to get preorders for 6-8 I'd reconsider. And as Don stated previously these are not Super Braces, but well made and make a great improvement in handling for the 1stGen.

I can't think of a single feature of the Superbrace that would make it preferable to your super brace :)

If I could even think about full price for stuff like that I would have ordered from you months ago.

How much difference did it make?

For myself the biggest difference was 2 up cornering often had a slight spongy wobbly thing happening at the front end. Just didn't feel right. Not an issue since replacement. One of the best investments to date.

About 3 years ago I was making these type braces and selling a few here, as Condor said the demand fell off to zero so I never made any spares. I may have one or two partially finished ones at work but it would be a shot in the dark finding them quickly, we moved the shop since I sold the last one.

This was first one of the engraved ones I made, never clear coated or anodized it.

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i301/Bob_Myers/?action=view&current=P4140013.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i301/Bob_Myers/P4140011.jpg

Edited by Bob Myers

Condor , what were they going for? Jrichard is selling one here of $50. How much are yours ? You might put me down for one for my 87. My Honda came with a brace from the factory and I'd like a good strong one on Blackhawk.

Condor , what were they going for? Jrichard is selling one here of $50. How much are yours ? You might put me down for one for my 87. My Honda came with a brace from the factory and I'd like a good strong one on Blackhawk.

The ad for a new one is still in the classies under 1stGen parts. They were a few bucks more but 50 used is a decent price...@

Will these braces fit a Vmax?

Not sure on this, but I think answer is no.

Reason I say this is that I put a VMax front rim on Tweety and I had to shim each side by a total of .600" to center rim in Venture forks. This tells me that the VMax fork tubes are closer together on center line than a Ventures. This would then prevent a Venture brace from fitting.

Attached is a picture of rim on speedometer drive side. I had to McGyver an extension up to lock the speedometer gear into the fork tube due to width difference. Gap seen is with rim centered in tubes. 2nd picture is what extension ended up looking like.

Gary

Edited by dingy