IGNORED

U.S. 101 Coast Road

GeorgeS

If anyone is crossing WashingtonState on I-90, a good side trip is

from Moses Lake, Wa. ( about mid way between Spokan and Seattle )

take a side trip north to Grand Coulee Dam.

The Dam is a great destination if you have never seen it.

Also, the road runs thru whats called the " Dry River Valley. "

Check this link: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&=Dry+Falls

The Geological formations here are really Fantastic scenery

This valley was formed by a Massive Floods, about 10 to 15,000 years ago.

There is No River flowing thru it now.

Or, from Spokan, take Hwy 2 too Grand Coulee Dam, then south on 155 to Coulee City heading badk to I-90.

Also, if you are in Seattle, and want to take the Long, Slow Sceinic Route to Calif. ( Assumeing you are not in a hurry )

From Port Angeles Wa. on the Northern Coast, take U.S 101, west to Forks Wa. then follow the Coast Route U.S. 101 all the way to San Franscisco.

( If you are an Aviation Buff! be sure to visit the Old Naval Air Station at Tillimook Oregon (Aviation Museum ) and a side trip to McMinville Or. to see

the Spruce Goose if you have never seen it )

This drive would take about 3 days, to a week depending on how many stops you want to make.

Be Carefull!! you will see lots of Deer !!

If anyone is crossing WashingtonState on I-90, a good side trip is

from Moses Lake, Wa. ( about mid way between Spokan and Seattle )

take a side trip north to Grand Coulee Dam. Be Carefull!! you will see lots of Deer !!

Thanks for the tour recommendations Geo. I gotta get up to your neck of the woods in the future. I had planned on doing Alaska by Ferry on the scoot in a couple of years. These would make some nice side trips...

George: Why not tell them about all the twisties on the coast on Chuckanut Drive just north of Seattle???? or to stop in at the Tillimook Cheese Factory for icecream, if you have not had Tillimook icecream you havent had ICECREAM:canada: :canada: :canada:

• 2 weeks later...

Well if anybody really wants to tour Wa and Or. Basicly just get out the map, almost Any Road is a Good road up here !!

You could spend two weeks touring in just these two states and never run into a boreing road.

But the US 101 run from Calif. up the Oregon Coast, and Wa. coast, around the Olympic Peninsula to Port Angeles, I reccomend for everybody.

Then Hyw 2 across northern Wa. to Idaho, then down thru Id. to the Devils Canyon, in NE corner of Oregon.

Get a Geoalogy book and do a little reading on that before you come up to this area. Lots of interesting things to know about and ride thru when you get here.

• 3 weeks later...

Also, if stopping at Tillamook Oregon, when finished touring the Cheese factory and eating Ice Cream, be sure to allow a couple hours to see the Old Naval Air Station there.

check this link http://www.tillamookair.com/html/air_craft_list.html

Especially if you are an Aviation Buff !!!!!!!!

There is still one of the old. huge Derigable ( Blimb ) Hangers there.

( Built of Wood )

Complete with lots of old WW II Aircraft. Many still in flying condx.

Originally there were two of the big hangers, but one burned down sometime back in the 70's.

Its only about 4 miles SE of Tillamook.

The Spruce Goose, ( Howard Huges' Seaplane ) is also located about 60 miles from Tillamook. Aviation Buff's might want to take a side trip to see it.

I saw it in Long Beach before they moved it to Oregon.

http://www.sprucegoose.org/