Squidley

Are you coming to the Houston MD?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Are you coming to the Houston MD?

• Hell YES!
    • I'm really hoping to
    • Absolutely not, Squidley's too goofy

Ok Folks,

I started a post to see if there was interest in a Houston Maintenance Day, folks are sounding like they want one. So here it is, Saturday October 27th will be the main work day, but anyone wanting to come over Friday afternoon and spend a couple of nights are more than welcome. We have 2 1/2 acres and plenty of space for pop up trailers and tents.

I have all the tools we'll need to do just about anything you want to try and accomplish. I will ask that you bring whatever fluids you want to change with you. I do have a vacuum bleeder, a Carb and Color Tune, and I'll borrow the tire machine from Doodle and we can do some tires if folks want to.

If you can give a yea or nay up top it will give me an idea of how much grub we need to think about. If you have any questions PM me or give me a call, my cell is in my profile.

Looking forward to seeing all the brethren again :thumbsup2:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I want to pick 2 in the poll, but it wont let me.....LOL dang it!:stickpoke:

Ok Folks,

I started a post to see if there was interest in a Houston Maintenance Day, folks are sounding like they want one. So here it is, Saturday October 27th will be the main work day, but anyone wanting to come over Friday afternoon and spend a couple of nights are more than welcome. We have 2 1/2 acres and plenty of space for pop up trailers and tents.

I have all the tools we'll need to do just about anything you want to try and accomplish. I will ask that you bring whatever fluids you want to change with you. I do have a vacuum bleeder, a Carb and Color Tune, and I'll borrow the tire machine from Doodle and we can do some tires if folks want to.

If you can give a yea or nay up top it will give me an idea of how much grub we need to think about. If you have any questions PM me or give me a call, my cell is in my profile.

Looking forward to seeing all the brethren again

:thumbsup2:

OK, I am probably one of the newest to this group. So even though I am an AGGIE, I gotta guess we ain't talkin' Ohio. So address? I want to try and make it up to meet folks. I know I have to "SO" an IDPA match that morning but should be out by 2:00pm. Looking to try and make this. Thanks

Gary

Heck, a big playground on 2-1/2 acres!! I can see a few dirt bike tires goin' on a couple of 1st gens and making a good track in the back yard........

SURE wish we could be there, that's my 1st anniv. since I became a deer hunter,,,,,,,,

I think Squidly is trying to mess with what's left of my old grey matter. :bang head:

First he sez he wants a maintenance day in Cleveland.

Then he says Houston.

Well, I'll show him. If he can't make up his mind then i just ain't cummin.. or goin.....:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It's not hard to mess up your old mind Mr. Owl....but it sure is a lot of fun

:banana:

Heck, a big playground on 2-1/2 acres!! I can see a few dirt bike tires goin' on a couple of 1st gens and making a good track in the back yard........

SURE wish we could be there, that's my 1st anniv. since I became a deer hunter,,,,,,,,

Ouch! we sure are glad that your here with us my friend, there will be another Texas MD

:thumbsup2:

I think I am off that weekend. And the old 1986 might be able to wander that far from home.

JB

JB, that would be great if you can swing out here, it will be great to see you

:)

:mytruck1:Newbie to the forum but definitely not to the Venture. My '06 has 103500 on it. But, got a problem and it can't wait till this Maint Day. I have a parade I am supposed to lead next Saturday. Is there anyone in this area that can either replace my stator or assist me in replacing it. I have replaced the r/r but did not solve my charging issue. I do not have my replacement stator yet....will be ordering the high output Buckeye once I determine the course of action available to me.

Trying to convince my wife to join us. Ya'all have never met the love of my life for the past 40 years. Looks like there is a very nice and highly rated Super 8 on 105 as we will most likely come down on Friday. I have a used front & rear Dunlop 404 whitewall tires I can donate if someone is interested. My guess is they are maybe half worn. Still have several thousand left on them. I can include pictures later.

Just a bump and update...

If anyone needs to do tires I have the tire machine from Kregs here as well as the balancer. So if you need to change out tires you can send them to my place and we can get them changed out.

Folks have been asking me what they can bring. If anyone wants to bring something, perhaps a specialty dish you make, that would be great. I will have some dead stuff for the grill and I'm tossing around the idea of deep frying a turkey as i dont think my smoker will be modified in time.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and ripping things apart :banana:

i am sure gona try and make it i just got to figure out how to put a 1st gen and a 2nd gen on a trailer that hauls 1 but is wide enough for 2 the 2nd gen will only need tires and a fairing and a radio and a new paint job ill think of more later 1st gen well thats a long list too Squidley i may need a week for each bike :whistling: :rotf: :rotf:

i am sure gona try and make it i just got to figure out how to put a 1st gen and a 2nd gen on a trailer that hauls 1 but is wide enough for 2 the 2nd gen will only need tires and a fairing and a radio and a new paint job ill think of more later 1st gen well thats a long list too Squidley i may need a week for each bike :whistling: :rotf: :rotf:

Bring em....we have lots of room here and if they take a week, well we'll handle that too

:)

You'll be surprised at how much we can do in a day or two :thumbsup2:

Squidly

I hope weather is good and it is a great time. Wish I could get away to meet everyone, perhaps one day I can ride up your way and we can meet. I have too many guests coming in that weekend and commitments I have already that weekend. But we will meet up sometime I am sure. Have fun!

Gary

Squidly

I hope weather is good and it is a great time. Wish I could get away to meet everyone, perhaps one day I can ride up your way and we can meet. I have too many guests coming in that weekend and commitments I have already that weekend. But we will meet up sometime I am sure. Have fun!

Gary

Gary,

My door is always open and you, as well as everyone else, are welcomed here anytime. Have a good time with your guests and we'll catch you at the next one :thumbsup2:

Hey Cupcake!

I've got one of those Butterball Deep Fryers that will handle up to a 14 lb bird if I can figure out where the Hubby put it and if you'd like to use it, I can bring it over along with the bike and all the other gear. It takes about 2 gallons of oil and will cook said 14 lb bird in about an hour. Just let me know if you're interested. Looks like there will be enough folks there to make having 2 cookers a good idea.

Here's hoping Don gets the BlueBell cooler back in time!! :fnd_(16):

Just a bump and update...

I will have some dead stuff for the grill and I'm tossing around the idea of deep frying a turkey as i dont think my smoker will be modified in time.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and ripping things apart

:banana: