IGNORED

Reckless Fairing

Guest Reno

The fairing I won on Ebay didn't work out so I'm still looking for one for my 2007 RSTD.

Does anyone have a Reckless fairing on their Royal Star. If so does it fit high on the bike? In the pictures on the website it looks like it fits kinda upright and away from the handle bars. I would appreciate any input.Also, has anyone put one of those handlebar stereo systems on their bike? What kind?

So do the brackets not work or whats the problem. They do sort of look like they sit high. I put one on my 07 Kawaski and it looked high until I got use to it, and it was made for a HD road king. What do you mean by handle bar stereo? You tlking the one where the radio mounts into a box sort of thing with the speakers? Pic or link would help us.

The fairing I won was not a Reckless. I don't know the brand. It was inexpensive and I was hoping that it would be okay. The fairing mounted well like I wanted but it was basically fresh off the molds(fiberglass) and was just bolted together kinda like a kit. Then I saw Reckless on the web it looks good and the price is

right with and without stereo. It just looks like it sits very upright and far from the handlebars. I'm looking for someone that has one to find out for sure before I order. As for the other radio it fits in the saddle bag or somewhere and the speakers sit on the handlebars.

Look at the Wide Open Customs Web Site.

In the gallery there is a late model RSTD.

Fairing comes with mounting brackets.

I left the small glove box piece off of mine and pitched the fairing back

to bring it closer to the handle bars. It sets about 3/4 inches high off the speedo.

You can pitch it anywhere you would like by adding an additional set of mounting

holes to the top of the bracket.

Look at the Wide Open Customs Web Site.

In the gallery there is a late model RSTD.

Fairing comes with mounting brackets.

I left the small glove box piece off of mine and pitched the fairing back

to bring it closer to the handle bars. It sets about 3/4 inches high off the speedo.

You can pitch it anywhere you would like by adding an additional set of mounting

holes to the top of the bracket.

I also have that fairing and the price is really good. Mine was on my Suzuki LC1500 and when I traded I kept the fairing and put the windshield back on. At the time they didn't make brackets for the WOC so I bulit my own. I sent them an email and told them they could make the fairing work really easily and low and behold they started making the brackets. I've had it since 07 and it has held up really well. No issues whatsoever. And like I said in the other thread the Jensen Marine radio kicks but. With the Sirius tunner, paint and radio I had a total of about $1000 in it.

Reckless has a fiberglass fairing set up and is the only one that has a fairing without a stereo system for $350 Wide open customs has a onepiece abs molded fairing which is/or should be more durable than fiberglass..

ok which is it it is more or should be more durable:confused24::confused24: ive been looking at the reckless because of price but i want one that will last im still debating and in no big hurry as i cant aford it yet but when i have the money i will pull the plug quick on this :stirthepot:before the wife says no :whistling::confused24:

Wide Open Custom has been making and selling fairing 7 years now. We have sold up to 70 Royal Star fairings alone thus far this year. We use a sturdy ABS plastic for our fairings.Our fairings are one piece fairings, they will hold together longer than most. They are strong and when we first started making them we put them to the test. for example, we dropped a fairing off of the water tower here in our town and it didnt bust, also we shot it with a shot gun as a test against rocks and chipping and the bbs stayed inside the plastic! We provide 4 speakers holes and a stereo cover.

As far as mounting is concerned, 75% of our bikes will mount with our mounting brackets and the factory winshield brackets, however there are a few bike types that this isnt the case, some use Memphis Shade clamp around brackets.

Currently our turn around rate is 1-3 days and then of course you have to include shipping time.

There are some reviews that customers have posted on our website. We have also got word from customers that we are mentioned on some Yamaha form cites.

Please let me know if you have any more questions regarding our fairings, we would be happy to assist!

I think the ABS may be slightly lighter than the fiberglass. Fiberglass fairing would be somewhat repairable with glass matt etc if need be. However all the body work on most dressers and touring bikes is now ABS I belive. I know the Venture is.

Wide Open Custom has been making and selling fairing 7 years now. We have sold up to 70 Royal Star fairings alone thus far this year. We use a sturdy ABS plastic for our fairings.Our fairings are one piece fairings, they will hold together longer than most. They are strong and when we first started making them we put them to the test. for example, we dropped a fairing off of the water tower here in our town and it didnt bust, also we shot it with a shot gun as a test against rocks and chipping and the bbs stayed inside the plastic! We provide 4 speakers holes and a stereo cover.

As far as mounting is concerned, 75% of our bikes will mount with our mounting brackets and the factory winshield brackets, however there are a few bike types that this isnt the case, some use Memphis Shade clamp around brackets.

Currently our turn around rate is 1-3 days and then of course you have to include shipping time.

There are some reviews that customers have posted on our website. We have also got word from customers that we are mentioned on some Yamaha form cites.

Please let me know if you have any more questions regarding our fairings, we would be happy to assist!

I wish you guys had made one when I swapped mine over from the Suzuki. I sent you guys pictures and told you that you should make the brackets and noticed you make them now. I've been totally satisfied with my fairing and I bought it in 2007.