IGNORED

Impatient grand kid to be.....

1BigDog

Saturday we had my daughter Kelly's baby shower. Saturday night her water broke and she was rushed to the hospital. Shes now in the NICU (neonatal ward) and will remain there until little "Gavin" decides to make his entrance. Shes at 29 weeks and the baby weighs in at 2.5 lbs, which surpasses some benchmarks for weight and size minimums. The longer the kid waits, the better it will be. Original due date was Dec 9th but that would be a miracle if the baby waits that long. Could be any day now, we just dont know. Were all just hanging in there right now. Please keep Kelly, Chris and baby Gavin in your prayers.

Gavin was born on Saturday morning. 2lb 12 oz, 16" long. Pretty good size for a 29 week preemie. Hes already off the respirator and moves well. Color looks good. Later....

Little Gavin is doing great. There are 2 sides in the neo natal ward, an A side where the most critical are and a B side where they graduate to. This AM Gavin was moved to the B side. Hes breathing on his own now and is pretty active. He gets an oxygen tube on occasion to give his lungs a little break but hes basically on his own for now. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts.......:smile5:

Oh yea, hes now over 3 lbs......

Edited by Ruffy

• 2 months later...

Sorry folks but I havent been on in a while. Got some personal issues that I am dealing with but.....

Gavin is now just under 10 lbs and is 21" long. He was finally able to get his immunization shots which couldnt be administered until he weighed 8.5 lbs. Now we can hang out more often. New pics on the link a few posts up.

Hope you all have a great New Year