IGNORED

Back from the Dragon

rickardracing

Well, we made it back Saturday afternoon. Ran the Dragon, Moonshiner 28 down into Georgia and the Cherohala Skyway. Went to Clingmans Dome, almost had a heart attack walking up, but worth it once you see the view. Beautiful scenery. Thare aren't any roads like that here in Michigan. Personally, I think the Moonshiner 28 is an under rated road. That thing was very technical. Every bit as much as the dragon. Especially with the trailer on the back! I will definately go back and ride them again.

I feel the same about 28. If you like 2nd and 3rd gear, well The Dragon is your thing, but I liked the short amount I rode 28 even better because it included all ranges of gears and speeds. I'm looking forward to going back and riding more of the Moonshiner 28.

We loved The Cherohala Skyway.

I am sure you had fun; all the roads you rode are great rides. Two weeks ago I rode some of the same roads. There was not a cloud in the sky until we went up to Clingmans Dome. We stayed there about an hour hoping the clouds would move out, but they didn’t. That may have been a good thing, I am not sure I could have made that ½ mile walk to the top.

Earl

I am sure you had fun; all the roads you rode are great rides. Two weeks ago I rode some of the same roads. There was not a cloud in the sky until we went up to Clingmans Dome. We stayed there about an hour hoping the clouds would move out, but they didn’t. That may have been a good thing, I am not sure I could have made that ½ mile walk to the top.

Earl

My mother in-law started then stopped. No way she would have made it up there. We had an awesome view, but just as we were leaving the clouds came in.

I feel the same about 28. If you like 2nd and 3rd gear, well The Dragon is your thing, but I liked the short amount I rode 28 even better because it included all ranges of gears and speeds. I'm looking forward to going back and riding more of the Moonshiner 28.

We loved The Cherohala Skyway.

Yup, all 2nd and 3rd gear, but well worth the ride down to do it. It was raining when we did it (dragon), so that kept the speed down and made for very light traffic. The 28 made my butt pucker a few times with the trailer on the back, there was alot of gravel kicked up in the switch backs though. Had to be careful. Bridal Veil Falls was VERY cool.