IGNORED

Star Spangled Banner..........

DragonRider

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Check out this version of the Star Spangled Banner, different, I like it sung with enthusiasm!!!

http://www.starspangledbannerchallenge.com/

Coming from a person that fears the need of a battle on going in our nation, this song was sung and so well felt and respected . I stand with my brothers that served and fought and even died to sing this as hard as we need for put it out there for those to hear that we have a real need in this country of our to ring out........ U.S.A.F---MARINES----ARMY----NAVY----COAST GUARD----THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION-----

I like it. I am proud to be an American and very patriotic with a father that served our nation for many years and retired. I was also born on the exact day and year that the Vietnam Memorial Black Wall was dedicated 11-11-82. I believe these guys "Madison Rising" are doing a very positive thing. Bringing attention to the people by music about what is going on in our nation. Music is a very powerful ave since it is one thing that brings people together and connected no matter where you come from. Their whole album is all about American pride and passed on through some great rock music. I hope they continue their journey.

I also like a well sung traditional "Star Spangled Banner" by the right people. Continue to be proud of our nation because right now we all need to stand up for our rights as AMERICANS!!

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE SERVED (PAST, PRESENT, & FUTURE)....USAF, USMC, ARMY, NAVY, USCG

This rendition seemed to me to be sincere, heartfelt and presented with respect. I (as others have stated) think a traditional singing is most desirable (remember Roseann in San Diego?) but these young men put so much energy and emotion into it that it makes me believe that they were totally serious and respectful of our flag and nation. I think it was well done.:usa:

I am not American, although I respect and love you guys, but when you start fooling with the National Anthem then I have a problem, not a real serious problem, just a little problem. The Star Spangled Banner is a song written with particular words and music and so is identified as such. The same goes for our Canadian Anthem or any other for that matter. Sing it how you will, respectful, with gusto, happy, or sad, but leave it intact. If we can change the music, then why not adjust the words, and if we can change it a little today, what's stopping us from making more changes tomorrow. Did these boys put on a good display, yes I really enjoyed the input, but they weren't singing the National Anthem the way I know it,,,,, wonder which country they were signing for.

No need to get all tied up over my comments, it's just the way it's in my heart, and I just said it.

I am not American, although I respect and love you guys, but when you start fooling with the National Anthem then I have a problem, not a real serious problem, just a little problem. The Star Spangled Banner is a song written with particular words and music and so is identified as such. The same goes for our Canadian Anthem or any other for that matter. Sing it how you will, respectful, with gusto, happy, or sad, but leave it intact. If we can change the music, then why not adjust the words, and if we can change it a little today, what's stopping us from making more changes tomorrow. Did these boys put on a good display, yes I really enjoyed the input, but they weren't singing the National Anthem the way I know it,,,,, wonder which country they were signing for.

No need to get all tied up over my comments, it's just the way it's in my heart, and I just said it.

I'm not quite sure I agree fully. A National Anthem is a symbol. A Flag is a symbol. The Parliament Building in Ottawa is a symbol. The Governor General is a symbol. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth is a symbol. What matters is the meaning we ascribe to a symbol, and that the meaning is shared.

I have heard our National Anthem played by The Royal Newfoundland Regiment Band. I have heard is played on a street-corner by a kid with a tin whistle. I have heard it played by an elementary school band. The quality of performance varies widely, but it's always "Oh Canada" and my spine snaps straight, my head comes up, and I completely automatically assume the position of "Attention".

The symbol is important. It should be presented respectfully, in accordance with the importance of what it means, but we cannot lose sight of the meaning the symbol carries. The words of our anthem vary betwwen our official languages, but the symbol, the meaning remains.

If I should encounter someone who chooses to 'interpret' out national anthem differently, varying the music to suit different instruments, but they present it as "Oh Canada", the meaning of the symbol is preserved in my heart, where it should be.

I like it. The message is there, as well as the enthusiasm and inspiration. There is no such thing as the Anthem being sung or performed 'traditionally' any longer. Every artist tries to put their own spin on it. Some of them really lacking likeTed Neugent's twangy guitar.. Some really good, i.e Whitney, or Celine with Canada's. Let's face it, it wasn't written in some study at a piano .. yawn.. somewhere, but in a place that was pretty noisy at the time.

Go U.S.A.!!! :sign woo hoo:

The whole thing

:

Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,

What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?

Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,

O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming?

And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,

Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.

O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen thro' the mists of the deep,

Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,

What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,

As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?

Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,

In full glory reflected, now shines on the stream:

'Tis the star-spangled banner: O, long may it wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore

That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion

A home and a country should leave us no more?

Their blood has wash'd out their foul footsteps' pollution.

No refuge could save the hireling and slave

From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O, thus be it ever when freemen shall stand,

Between their lov'd homes and the war's desolation;

Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land

Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserv'd us a nation!

Then conquer we must, when our cause is just,

And this be our motto: "In God is our trust"

And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

I didnt know there were more verses than what is tradionally sung before sports venues all over the US. Thanks for posting them up for all to see.

God Bless America

The whole thing

:

Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,

What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?

Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,

O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming?

And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,

Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.

O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen thro' the mists of the deep,

Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,

What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,

As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?

Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,

In full glory reflected, now shines on the stream:

'Tis the star-spangled banner: O, long may it wave

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore

That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion

A home and a country should leave us no more?

Their blood has wash'd out their foul footsteps' pollution.

No refuge could save the hireling and slave

From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O, thus be it ever when freemen shall stand,

Between their lov'd homes and the war's desolation;

Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land

Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserv'd us a nation!

Then conquer we must, when our cause is just,

And this be our motto: "In God is our trust"

And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

I usually don't care for the "updated" versions because they either don't show respect, sincerity, or even know the words for crying out loud.......That being said.........I think these guys did an awesome job. Made me proud to be an American and I think they did it with Honor, and respect to their own flair. Each generation changes tradition a bit which gives tradition "life" in it's own sense. This type of "Creativity" may help restore something I think that the younger crowd is missing ( I may be getting a bit older too) by watching my own kids and the school system, and politics and etc....... is a loss for National pride in who we are, where we come from, where we want to go as AMERICANS, not Latin Americans, Spanish Americans, African Americans, Anglo - Saxin Americans or whatever......AMERICANS .....PERIOD. We as a people are losing that pride and desire to make our own destiny, so many have given so much, and we just keep letting it slide.

THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO HAVE SERVED OUR COUNTRY IN ANY FORM.....If you serve the people, you serve the Country......THANK YOU.

:Step off soap box

:Exit Stage Left

Creole

I cant say as though I listened to the whole thing. I dont get into all the different interpretations of it. I prefer it to be sang in the traditional way. I dont believe it is ok for artists to put their "stamp" for lack of a better word on the anthem.

Not to long ago I was at a junior hockey game with a friend. The anthem was sung by a very talented girl with a beautifull voice. After the anthem was done my friend said to me "Wasnt that just awesome! I love her rendition of it." I replied "No I dont think it was awesome. I personally think it is insulting to our veterans. You cant even sing along if you wanted too." He looked at me with a blank look on his face, and after a minute he said you know, you're right. I never thought of it that way.

Not to take away from anybodys way of singing it as far as talent and sincerity. I just think it should be sung traditionally. I just dont feel I need to be entertained with the anthem. It is a priviledge to hear it correctly, as much as it is to say the pledge of allegiance. I dont really hear people playing around with how the pledge is recited......

I cant say as though I listened to the whole thing. I dont get into all the different interpretations of it. I prefer it to be sang in the traditional way. I dont believe it is ok for artists to put their "stamp" for lack of a better word on the anthem.

Not to long ago I was at a junior hockey game with a friend. The anthem was sung by a very talented girl with a beautifull voice. After the anthem was done my friend said to me "Wasnt that just awesome! I love her rendition of it." I replied "No I dont think it was awesome. I personally think it is insulting to our veterans. You cant even sing along if you wanted too." He looked at me with a blank look on his face, and after a minute he said you know, you're right. I never thought of it that way.

Not to take away from anybodys way of singing it as far as talent and sincerity. I just think it should be sung traditionally. I just dont feel I need to be entertained with the anthem. It is a priviledge to hear it correctly, as much as it is to say the pledge of allegiance. I dont really hear people playing around with how the pledge is recited......

Good job BJ. I was afraid to say anything.

I am about as proud, honored and thank God to have been born an American as anyone. Served her honorably in the Corps for over thirty plus years. These guys did one hell of a rendition of our National anthem. Hearing it I had to stand at attention while saluting my laptop.

SEMPER FI

I am about as proud, honored and thank God to have been born an American as anyone. Served her honorably in the Corps for over thirty plus years. These guys did one hell of a rendition of our National anthem. Hearing it I had to stand at attention while saluting my laptop.

SEMPER FI

:thumbsup2: