IGNORED

New Custom Paint on my 2005 RSV

colmike

This is a paint project I had planned since first purchasing my '05 Liquid Silver RSV. I have always preferred two-tone paint on a motorcycle, but couldn't pass up the deal I got on my all Silver 2005 RSV and bought the bike understanding that I could always paint to suit later. When I discovered a new paint shop just a few miles North of my home, I had to go chat with the owner about painting my bike. I discovered the proprietor was the paint shop manager for Sewell Lexus in Dallas, and after I had previewed the photos on his paint shop web site, I knew I had found the right guy to do the job. Here are a few photos of the finished product.

First, thanks for all the positive comments about my motorcycle's new paint. The blue color was named "True Blue" by PPG's Marketing department, but I call it KU Blue. Both Kansas ( I'm a Jayhawker) and Kentucky use this same color on their football helmets.

Now for the update. I just returned from a Fort Worth-Leander-Marble Falls-Fort Worth trip and I could swear it's faster now with the new blue paint. Why is that? :scratchchin:

Not really, but it's fun to think about anyway.

Again, all the positive comments sure make me feel better about my paint investment. Big thanks to all of you.

What color was the bike before. It looks real nice. I'm lucky I have a guy right next door to where I work and he is very good. Does lots of old classic sport cars for a guy that buys and sells them. His brother in the same building is a mechanic and a good one on cars so he always gives us a good deal because we bring a lot of work his way. 180 employees.

The bike with painted all liquid silver with the standard RSV pin striping before changing the lower color to the KU Blue. All parts were painted, both silver and blue, with the pin striping now hand painted rather than decal. I'm very pleased with the results. :)

First, thanks for all the positive comments about my motorcycle's new paint. The blue color was named "True Blue" by PPG's Marketing department, but I call it KU Blue. Both Kansas ( I'm a Jayhawker) and Kentucky use this same color on their football helmets.

Now for the update. I just returned from a Fort Worth-Leander-Marble Falls-Fort Worth trip and I could swear it's faster now with the new blue paint. Why is that? :scratchchin:

Not really, but it's fun to think about anyway.

Again, all the positive comments sure make me feel better about my paint investment. Big thanks to all of you.

think you are onto to something..... my rstd is much faster now that it is brandywine rather than black