IGNORED

New, " Ultimate " seat

GeorgeS

Got a new, " Ultimate " seat for the new 08 RSTD, Installed yesterday morning.

Went rideing 2 hours yesterday, and about 140 miles today. So far, So Good !!!

Not sure yet, but my you know what is not hurting this evening !!! :fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Got a new, " Ultimate " seat for the new 08 RSTD, Installed yesterday morning.

Went rideing 2 hours yesterday, and about 140 miles today. So far, So Good !!!

Not sure yet, but my you know what is not hurting this evening !!! :fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Sounds good how about a picture?

Joe

Too bad they don't have one to fit the RSV. After looking at what they did to the transition from the rider to the passenger on the RSTD I'd have been interested to see what they would have done for the RSV. I'm still looking around to possibily pick up another seat. Thought about riding down to Corbin and have them build one while I wait.

My wife and I LOVE our Ultimate Seat! After suffering through a riding season with the stock seat, I purchased the Ultimate Seat 3 years ago on the recommendation of a guy I know that has one on his Valkyrie. Man, I am so glad I listened to him!

The seat is three years old and we just finished a 4000 mile, 2 week vacation and the seat performed perfect. There was a number of times on the trip that we ran a tank of gas out and when we stopped to fill up, I never got off the bike, just filled up while sitting on the seat (and waited on my honey to go potty) and headed down the road.

BTW, Ultimate will be at the Bikes Blues and BBQ rally in Fayetteville, Arkansas two weekends from now. It is one of the few rallys they attend each year. They'll have all of their seats there on sawhorse type things where you can sit on them and try them out. Actually, they'll mount it on your bike there at the rally so you can test ride to see if you like it before you buy. They only have one store in the US and it's in Daytona, Fl behind the big Rossmeyers Harley and J & P Cycles stores. That's where I bought mine. They do most of their business by mail or at rally's

Jack,

Being in your side of the country, you might look into Russel Day Long Saddles (North CA).

I bought one used off the STAR Touring forum for my RSV but then found the PO was 6'4",,, I'm not. They are very custom made for the rider. I sold it to a guy 6'5" and he is loves it.

It's a one piece for rider & passenger, almost looks like you stole it off a a Wing. Nice looking. They build it for you, about $900 new. I bought and sold this one for $300.

Mike G in SC

Too bad they don't have one to fit the RSV. After looking at what they did to the transition from the rider to the passenger on the RSTD I'd have been interested to see what they would have done for the RSV. I'm still looking around to possibily pick up another seat. Thought about riding down to Corbin and have them build one while I wait.

One more thing. If you buy Ultimate, make sure you get the rain covers. While extremely comfortable, these seats are NOT water proof. Riding in the rain won't be an issue without covers, it's when the bike sits at your hotel overnight during a rain storm, you'll have a problem.

The basic material is water resistant, but the seams aren't.

Jack,

Being in your side of the country, you might look into Russel Day Long Saddles (North CA).

I bought one used off the STAR Touring forum for my RSV but then found the PO was 6'4",,, I'm not. They are very custom made for the rider. I sold it to a guy 6'5" and he is loves it.

It's a one piece for rider & passenger, almost looks like you stole it off a a Wing. Nice looking. They build it for you, about $900 new. I bought and sold this one for $300.

Mike G in SC

A one piece for a horizontally challenged rider is just what I need. And... being a one piece is what I'm after. Riding an OEM two piece doesn't allow me to get back off the tank far enough. I think I'll check Russel too...

.Just checked the Day Long site and the pic for the RSV shows a 2-piece. I'll have to call....

One more thing. If you buy Ultimate, make sure you get the rain covers. While extremely comfortable, these seats are NOT water proof. Riding in the rain won't be an issue without covers, it's when the bike sits at your hotel overnight during a rain storm, you'll have a problem.

The basic material is water resistant, but the seams aren't.

I can see that would be a problem, but mine's covered any time I'm in a motel. The cover actually did get rained on once.... :whistling:

Edited by Condor

Jack, got some photos of mine before I sold it. One piece.

The "wings" of the front rider area are what will make shorter inseam not fit.

I got 29-30" inseam and could not "walk" the bike while sitting on it. So, they are custom for height & weight.

Mike G

PS: George not stealing thread, just had a RSV question.

.Just checked the Day Long site and the pic for the RSV shows a 2-piece. I'll have to call....

:whistling:

Edited by Mike G in SC

Jack, got some photos of mine before I sold it. One piece.

The "wings" of the front rider area are what will make shorter inseam not fit.

I got 29-30" inseam and could not "walk" the bike while sitting on it. So, they are custom for height & weight.

Mike G

PS: George not stealing thread, just had a RSV question.

Thanks for the pics Mike. See how the back forms a wall up to the passenger seat? That's what I don't want. It doesn't allow any movement toward the rear. That's what I ran into with the pillow tops. Looks cushy, but forms a barrier, and for those of use that are tall and have extra padding in the butt area :) I keep pushing against that rise trying to gain some room, and on long rides it cuts off circulation... numb butt...blisters.. because I'm subconsciously trying to get back off the tank and gain some leg room. Attached is sorta what I'm looking for. I didn't have any problem with the saddle on my '83VR, and I've pulled a few 10 hr+ days on it.

Thanks for the pics Mike. See how the back forms a wall up to the passenger seat? That's what I don't want. It doesn't allow any movement toward the rear. That's what I ran into with the pillow tops. Looks cushy, but forms a barrier, and for those of use that are tall and have extra padding in the butt area :) I keep pushing against that rise trying to gain some room, and on long rides it cuts off circulation... numb butt...blisters.. because I'm subconsciously trying to get back off the tank and gain some leg room. Attached is sorta what I'm looking for. I didn't have any problem with the saddle on my '83VR, and I've pulled a few 10 hr+ days on it.

Jack, that's a desk! Now I understand the discomfort. :rotf:

Sorry, had to.

Hope you do see the shuttle today. I watched a couple take off when they had rockets under ithem.

Mike G

Well, Update, about 8 days of rideing now ( I think ? ) and it still feels good !!! :cool10::cool10:

(( Last couple of weeks of sunshine in Seattle, so makeing the most of it , they are talking rain again, but so far sun is still shinning !!! Hard to Believe , after all , this is Seattle :confused::confused: ))

A comment, is that this seat has the feeling that your sort of sitting " in it " instead of " on it " as the OEM seat.

Not sure if that makes any sence ?? :whistling:

Anyway, I'm happy, but will probably order a Russell later this winter dureing the off season.

(( Remember, anybody who

wants to order a Russell, word is they are backed up about 2 months for delivery time. ))

If that works out, then the Ultimate will probably be for sale next spring.