IGNORED

2007 gl 1800 cb

Hummingbird

I finally got a trike "AGAIN" This is my 3rd Honda trike but my first 1800. It has everything a bike could possibly have EXCEPT a CB.

So, probably won't do a whole lot of good but does anybody know of a complete CB w/antenna and all of the wiring that might be available ?

I've looked on ebay and the prices are what I would expect but looking for something slightly less than 1K

Not only the purchase - I haven't a clue about how/where to install it. I see that the bike already has controls on the handle bar so I'm guessing that the unit will be hidden somewhere under the massive amount of plastic.

Dick-

One of the guys in our group here in the SL area added an aftermarket CB to his Goldwing earlier this summer. I will probably see him at our dinner on Tuesday night.

It was an after market unit, mounted under the liner inside the trunk and wired (plugged in) to pre-wired connectors under the seat. We had to dig a bit to find the connectors.

He then used the onboard computer to activated.

I ask him for the details if I see him Tuesday or give him a call if he doesn't come.

Dave

Although....you might want to consider this:

http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/120/125438

On this page there are 3 different cb antennas you can choose from: http://cyclemax.com/gl1800_electrical?cmx=120&start=100

I have bought a lot from Cyclemax. In my opinion they don't come any better. Gary is an upstanding guy.

Good luck. I run on channel 29, go through Ohio every now and then. Maybe we'll cross paths.

Joe

Cost me $1000.00 to have mine installed (parts and labor) in 2006 at the dealer in the 2003 I had. It fits in the trap door in the bottom of your trunk. The plug-ins are under the seat way at the back of the seat. I didn't install mine but that is where they told me the plug-in was when my wiring melted because they didn't plug the plug-ins all the way in.

Thank You !! :thumbsup:

I bought it - $489 is at minimum $100 less than everything else listed - the savings will pay for the antenna.

I'm waay beyond the happy camper feeling :clap2:

• 2 weeks later...
They are very easy to install, everything is just plug in's. Hope it comes with the filters and they are probable the hardest to put in. Hope you enjoy your new trike. Jerry

Thanks - got it installed and the antenna tuned. I found a used 4.5 degree MotorTrike triple tree on ebay the other day. Came off an 1800 that was getting "customized" - low low miles $375 +$20 shipping + $200 :mo money: to install. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

OK - got the CB and antenna installed as well as the 4.5 degree triple tree.

OMG - what a difference the 'rake' made. With the trike kit on and the factory stem bearings torqued at 55ft.lbs. it still had some head shake on any rough or irregular pavement.

The MotorTrike 4.5 degree tree had to be torqued to 38ft. lbs to attain the 3lb dead pull but now there is no head shake at all.