Nope, shouldn't be any gap. Looks like you have all the parts in the right places.

I guess I should rephrase that. The swing arm may not be real tight against the spacer, be a little play there, but not a huge gap. The shoulder of the axle presses against the spacer pulling it all together as the axle nut is tightened. So you should have no side play after the axle is tightened. Once that is done and the pinch bolt on the right is tight it all stays in place.

The axle collar inside the seal, the brake caliper bracket then the spacer against the swingarm.

Didn't confuse the left side axle washer and the spacer did ya? I don't remember how much differernce they were in thickness but they are different.

Mike

Edited by Snaggletooth

I think you will be fine as you are even with that gap of .0740. I checked mine again and it's not as much as your's, I can't even wedge my fingernail in it.

As long as you have the spacer in the right place as it appears you do, and you have torqued the axle to 110 ft. lbs and there is no drag on the rear wheel when you spin it you're in good shape.

The axle torque pressure pulls everything into the drive for proper alignment and the right swingarm section really isn't much more than a support point. With the pinch bolt tightened onto the shoulder of axle it that holds the axle from backing out if the nut came loose and keeps the swing arm from walking on the axle shoulder.

I'd say you are good to go.

Mike