IGNORED

365 miles and tired & sore

bill in mn

The bride and I put on 365 miles yesterday in S W Wisconsin .This was some of the best hills and twisties I've been on but pushing my 800 lbs. two up bike around wore me out. The other guys were on sport touring and could dance right on through. There was some kind of rally going on in the area and there was 1,000 of bikes mostly loud ones . I just think "Loud pipes.. take rights". About 150 miles was freeway just to get to this area of Sconnie and fatigue was setting in but a great day, sunny and mid 80's. I think when the leaves change I'll be back , not sure about the bride that was a long ride for her .

The bride and I put on 365 miles yesterday in S W Wisconsin .This was some of the best hills and twisties I've been on but pushing my 800 lbs. two up bike around wore me out. The other guys were on sport touring and could dance right on through. There was some kind of rally going on in the area and there was 1,000 of bikes mostly loud ones . I just think "Loud pipes.. take rights". About 150 miles was freeway just to get to this area of Sconnie and fatigue was setting in but a great day, sunny and mid 80's. I think when the leaves change I'll be back , not sure about the bride that was a long ride for her .

Here ya go....Right up your alley...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72663

Well those mid eighties temperatures, the wind, and the adrenaline, all mix to wear one out earlier than expected. Once one gets used to longer distances, better temps, less traffic, etc. the fatigue is no longer there. My lady and I two up can go 500 miles and end the day simply being tired as usual for the time of day and be ready to do it all over again the next. BTW, when it's warm out, drink more water as dehydration tires one out quickly.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

83,88 Venture

this is great advise , I thought I could ride forever and I think this is the first time I ever noticed I was tired from riding.

"365 miles is a good ride...but...what did you do after breakfast" :)

we only rode for a 1/2 a day (12hrs)

"take short 5-10 minute breaks where you get off the bike and walk around a little"

I would have but they have the newer bikes and I'm not sure if they ride better than my 85 royal but the have bigger tanks. I met one of the guys on a job site and we got talking about motorcycles and he invited me with ,I thought it was nice of him . He rides this area every Thursday with a group .

if I can stop more I'm sure the mileage wouldn't have been a factor. I was sure thursty when I got home. Karen want's to do it again but at our own pace.