IGNORED

carb problem

OK i let the bike set up for well since Isaac came through i put some unknowingly bad gas in the tank from a gas can i filled up before the pending visit of Isaac i must have gotten the bottom of the tank i ran some berry mans treatment cleaner in my tank the whole can in the 4 gal. of gas it was running bad lose of power before i got back to the shop that's when i added berry mans and ran it for about 30 min. then shut it down that was Friday i just cranked it and it was still running bad so i drained the tank at the fuel filter the gas was dark yellow like old gas hooked the line back to the pump and cranked it.:confused24: it was still slow response on throttle all 4 cylinders are firing so i took the air box apart looked in all 4 carbs are spraying gas but slides were not moving i assisted them by moving them with a screwdriver now i have only one not moving on its own could it be the diaphragm any suggestions would be greatly appreciated before i take cover off carb diaphragm and tank has fresh gas the crappy ethanol gas

I had the same problem this spring after getting some bad gas. It may take you less time if you take it apart doesnt take that long to do it then you can spray some carb cleaner in any hole you can and clean up the slide and check the diaphram, because if its bad you are going to need a new one or do a repair to get you by for awhile, And you will want to resync the carbs when you are done.

And after using heavy doses of seafoam or berrymans you may want to put new spark plugs in it can be hard on them.

Orlin

Thanks Orlin thats what I was thinking it may be quicker to take the slides out and clean them up. George I ran it hard last night and this morning and no change but that is just fresh gas only im getting a can of fresh ethanol free gas today to run through after this tank mixed with sea foam. I got a set of cheap ngk plugs to run in it for now so I dont foul out the good iridium plugs I have to put in it 10.00 for cheap plugs is easier to throw away than 36.00 for good plugs.

Mine sounds like its getting to much air and not enough gas with just the false cover on it sounds like I dont know how to describe it but the carbs seem to run better after spaying seafoam in it it didnt smoke as bad as I thought it would

i put the air box lid back on and amazing how much better it sounds and the throttle response is quick im about to shut the laptop down and go home on the bike gona ride it like i stole it as for the seafoam spray i should have done that at the house as i live in the country too had all the neighbors wondering what i set on fire i told them its bug control get out :whistling::whistling::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Paul

Go get another can of the Berryman's only this time a spray can.With the cover off the airbox so you can see the carb mouths.You will see some holes.Spray the B12 in all those holes and around the slides.Keep doing this until it clears up.Usually takes one or 2 cans and some in the tank but it will clear it out. Use some compressed air in those holes if you have it.I have used this several times. I got the idea from an article in the Bench Wrench section of the old Venture Roads the magazine of the VTS.

I will try that tomorrow evening I did ride the bike home tonight but I could not ride it like I stole it to many leo out from pd to sheriff deputy man they had the roads coverd im 25mi from the office and must have seen about 12 patrol cars 5 of them pd rest sheriff good thing her is only 2counties where sheriff carry radar rest dont and I live in a couty that dont its against the law for them