IGNORED

I'm really stumped////////

My 84 has been running great all summer long, until last week. It has sat for about a week, due to rain and the like. Pulled the Tender, and it fired right up. The LED Volt meter did not lite and the "Battery" showed in the bikes display window. The bikes volt meter was in the middle of the scale. The bike ran and idled smoothly. I reved the engine several times nothing changed. LED volt meter was still out and the "battery"lite was on. After about 10 minutes running, the volt meter fired up and settled into 14 volt charge indicator and the battery lite went out. Could this be a bad LED Volt meter? Could it be shorting and causing the battery lite to come on? Is it a bad battery? Stator? It does something to ya riding a bike and the red light is flashing and the battery box is on. It sat for three days and today it did the exact same thing. :detective:Does anyone have any ideas. Saddle_Bag

Maby loose battery bolts. Maby corroded Negative Batt connection right front corner of crank case.

Of course, check the large white plug for burnt pins.

Output of the R/R Unit, open the plug and check for dirty corroded pins.

Check the Fuse holder if you are still useing the OEM Fuse Block, for loose fuse .

Possible Internal Failure of the Battery itself. They all fail sooner or later, how old is your battery ??? If over 3 years old its suspect. Are you still useing a lead Acid type battery ?? If so, switch over to a new Dry Cell , AGM type, they are much better. ( DEKA, 330 CCA are now the preferred type !! )

Your Main grounding point is located under the upper left side fairing, hard to get to, but 5 black wires are grounded there, if that bolt is loose, Not Good !!! This is a maby, just mention it as a possibility.

Being that it was all OK before you left it parked for a week, my thinking is the Battery itself, is the most suspect item.